• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

7% profit sharing and resignation date

anonymous

when is the earliest date to resign and get the 7% profit sharing.
I remember the profit sharing is for period ending in September . but the payoff is in December.
if i resign on 1 oct, will I still be able to get the 7%?

<

So do you have to wait to give two weeks notice until the day after profit sharing is paid or can you give two weeks notice prior to the payout date as long as the payout date falls within your two week notice?

So do you have to wait to give two weeks notice until the day after profit sharing is paid or can you give two weeks notice prior to the payout date as long as the payout date falls within your two week notice?

I wouldn't trust the cheap bastards at all. I'd quit as soon as the deposit is made in your account and not a second earlier.

Give your notice the day after profit sharing hits your account. In order to collect profit-sharing you have to be a current employee.

At Abbvie the day you tender your resignation is your last day of employment with Abbvie. At least that's how it works and field sales. Profit-sharing and payout is covered in the employee agreement you signed when you started. I agree with the other poster I would not give them the opportunity to shortchange you since you are entitled to profit-sharing.