40 X 40 messages - pump me up

Anonymous

I cannot wait for yet another 40 x 40 message from our fearless leader. What absolute drivel !!! Have you read even one of these. I did read one slowly and gagged. I really love the part about how mgrs devote hours of work every night to honing their technical skills and of course, the "always in line with our high values and standards" Our senior leadership is a JOKE. They lie, they cheat and they cannot LEAD !!!

<

I took the time to read one of these and it completely demoralized me. The CTL did this and the CTL sold that. Upper management thinks way too highly of this position. In successful companies, the sales people are praised for the sales, not their management babysitters.

Cut CTL ranks by 50% NOW! Save millions and increase sales overnight.

hey jackie-quit sending those goofy-ass stories of make believe out would you? and then spend time on how to really fix the company. uh, that would include you leaving

Yes, these are a waste of time. Please, please, please! Start focusing on the real issue here... Our leadership leads from behind, reacting, not proactive, checking boxes and making charts to what end?People who are driving business and working hard are being over looked and thrown aside for representatives that run a bunch of numbers and reports but aren't effective with customers and continue to take away from customer facing time. When the 40x40 came out about our area, it was a complete farce! The reps mentioned are good people, but the region was grasping at straws to give Jackie something to write about. Get rid of this ineffective management that cannot lead. They are divisive and demoralizing, promoting yes men and not people who are real business minded thinkers that analyze where to find business, go out and ethically and professionally sell in a difficult market, let alone a culture that beats us down. Ironically, which is why some of these managers are still here. Those very reps make them look good, so start recognizing them! Jackie, get a new PR strategy, you are being deleted for your use of substandard propaganda overkill.

Does anyone even read these !! Reminds me of big Gov't, a lot of wind and no action. These are supposed to inspire us ---please. Get some real leaders -- ours cannot lead

Does anyone even read these !! Reminds me of big Gov't, a lot of wind and no action. These are supposed to inspire us ---please. Get some real leaders -- ours cannot lead

You think she spends her day locked in her office creating these inspirational novels !! I guess my mgr will be asking us to come up with some teamwork stories real soon

You think she spends her day locked in her office creating these inspirational novels !! I guess my mgr will be asking us to come up with some teamwork stories real soon

no dumb ass, every DCO had to collect stories from their ET's and submit them. Jackie just cleans them up, maybe has one of the lawyers give them a quick read and sends them out under her email (maybe even her admin does this) trust me, she is not wasting any time writing this shit. She doesn't have a clue -- as my DCO told me, the higher up you go in the organization, the more people tell leaders what they think they want to hear. So some one, maybe Jackie herself came up with this idea and everyone told her it would be a winner. How any leader can make an informed decision in this organization - based on what is REALLY going on -- is beyond me. but ask yourself this, knowing the culture here, if jackie were to ask YOU directly what you think of these 40 by 40 inspirational messages, what would you say, honestly? you would probably do what your manager and DCO did and say they really motivate you. we are all guilty, just trying to survive. Because we all know where courage and candor will land you.

no dumb ass, every DCO had to collect stories from their ET's and submit them. Jackie just cleans them up, maybe has one of the lawyers give them a quick read and sends them out under her email (maybe even her admin does this) trust me, she is not wasting any time writing this shit. She doesn't have a clue -- as my DCO told me, the higher up you go in the organization, the more people tell leaders what they think they want to hear. So some one, maybe Jackie herself came up with this idea and everyone told her it would be a winner. How any leader can make an informed decision in this organization - based on what is REALLY going on -- is beyond me. but ask yourself this, knowing the culture here, if jackie were to ask YOU directly what you think of these 40 by 40 inspirational messages, what would you say, honestly? you would probably do what your manager and DCO did and say they really motivate you. we are all guilty, just trying to survive. Because we all know where courage and candor will land you.

Honestly, I would tell her the truth - a total waste of time and nobody reads them !! I am tired of all the garbage that gets dumped in this company. It is time we all stand up, unite and fight back.

Honestly, I would tell her the truth - a total waste of time and nobody reads them !! I am tired of all the garbage that gets dumped in this company. It is time we all stand up, unite and fight back.

i doubt it! You would be marked for termination in no time. there is no room or desire for anything other than mindless agreement, its how we got where we are. Its Merck's proud heritage.

i doubt it! You would be marked for termination in no time. there is no room or desire for anything other than mindless agreement, its how we got where we are. Its Merck's proud heritage.

That is the problem with this company and this country. We all cave in to the PC world instead of speaking our mind in an honest, forthright and professional manner. I can promise you that if in the situation, I would tell Jackie that her notes are fruitless.

Words are good but they must be really read and really followed....Problem is, some here are spittin' images of garden slugs...

They won't do much no matter what kind of pumpin' is happening....