• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

4 questions. Please

Candidate

I’m working with a recruiter about a neurology hospital expansion job, it sounds good obviously because the recruiter gets paid to sell the job and place people.

My question is about things that don’t get discussed on 1st interview.

Aside from Base pay , what are the typical not target bonus payouts?

Culture and perks, how many days off? Car choices? I’m obviously not dumb enough to ask that on first interview.

How is the reception or that product for pediatrics space?

I’m hoping everyone can just be kind and answer these simple questions.

<

I’m working with a recruiter about a neurology hospital expansion job, it sounds good obviously because the recruiter gets paid to sell the job and place people.

Culture and perks, how many days off? Car choices? I’m obviously not dumb enough to ask that on first interview.

NOT SURE WHAT “hospital expansion” the recruiter is mentioning because any “hospital” opening is a backfill from someone smart enough to leave, which was 1/2 of the original team by the 8th month of having a hospital group.
They have backfilled some positions but with very limited talent. They have NO business in that role.
The culture is truly toxic and the “leadership” is very questionable with most if not all concerned with their own careers.
Going to Eisai on either side, neuro or oncology, is wise only if your current situation stinks (lundbeck for example-Eisai now has their sloppy seconds).
Your immediate manager will be hands down the worst you’ll have in the industry and offer little to no value to the company, customers or you.
Cars are great. That’s actually the best part. Good luck. A hospital rep accepted a backfil and then figured out they’d made a mistake (STL territory). They went back to their previous organization. That manager is the biggest fool of them all. Drunk ex football player who’s a player if you catch that drift.

Ok, I'm new here to Eisai.

The main issue I see is the primary care type atmosphere. The company is a little formal compared to what I came from too. They have a lot of meetings for no reason and love paper work. Car choices are any Subaru. Not sure about the perks yet but the culture is Japanese and way too formal for a US company. You get the standard 3 week vacation and pay is just like everywhere else. The reputation is ok, small company so we aren't well known.

So the hospital role is new for Eisai?
A lot of hospital reps left? Is it micromanaged or incompentence?
3 weeks vacay, any company shutdown or sick leave? Trust me, there are companies out there that don't even off sick leave!
Is the drug decent?

So the hospital role is new for Eisai?
A lot of hospital reps left? Is it micromanaged or incompentence?
3 weeks vacay, any company shutdown or sick leave? Trust me, there are companies out there that don't even off sick leave!
Is the drug decent?

Yes. Hospitals roles are new to Eisai. They never bought DDD or even contracted with GPOs.
Management treated the hospital team like they did their rep roles: micromanagement especially so literally 1/2 the team bolted.
Ask the manager to show you the sales rankings. Only 6 hospital spots even eligible for their presidents award because everyone is so new.
The drug is the only drug in the class with a boxed warning about homicidal thoughts (which you will have too should you decide to work there).
By all means, decide because of vacation or sick days and their car offering.
You have been given fair warning

Thank you everyone! I'm not sure If I want to take a chance on something with projected poor ROI. If you guys had said "this is hte place to be" I would be excited. The fact that it is a young hospital team and manageement doesn't have experience scares the shit out of me.. I'm goonna end up a statistic. NO thank you...

If this division is around in a year I would be shocked.

They have a hospital team to sell a retail product with a black box warning that pretty much prevents hospital utilization.

DOA

Was once part of eisai epilepsy and it makes me laugh to read this thread. Thank God I got out when the going was good. This was actually a decent team, reps and management, at one time.