• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

3 more reps quit the hcv division today!

<

This ship is sinking fast!

We are just building up patients with this new test for Gilead. I need out!

Good luck! Just be nimble and jump off the boat!
Don't wait for word from the Captain to make an announcement. There is only one pot of gold here and I am afraid it is already earmarked for the Captain. Sign me,
the Friendly Leprecaun of the Peeps.

Management is also collapsing open territories. Just FYI from an external who interviewed.

After working in HCV for a while, I've decided to get out. There aren't many markets that will be more volatile over the next several years. You might be king for a day, until the next treatment cuts you on either price, efficacy, pill burden, time of therapy. Or you might not even get your foot in the door if you're selling from a compromised position.

This is disgraceful! What is HR doing to stop the exodus? We went out and hire new people and they are saying "screw this place"! What are the working dynamics with field and home office manglers? Scary she is!

This is disgraceful! What is HR doing to stop the exodus? We went out and hire new people and they are saying "screw this place"! What are the working dynamics with field and home office manglers? Scary she is!

It' s more than HR issue, unless they include accelerated management training with rigorous testing. Still, I don't think things like learning how to respect others; having common sense; having a mind of one's own; not being a spineless nodding head; being polite to subordinates; and paying them a good competitive rate can be taught. It's too late baby, now, it's too late.

YOU are a moron. HR has nothing to do with the "exodus". This is entirely a management issue, and management will deal with it when they want to. If someone wants to leave the company, HR has no say in that decision. If a lot of people leave, HR still has no say. That is not what we do!

YOU are a moron. HR has nothing to do with the "exodus". This is entirely a management issue, and management will deal with it when they want to. If someone wants to leave the company, HR has no say in that decision. If a lot of people leave, HR still has no say. That is not what we do!

HR is responsible for hiring quality employees and the retention of these hires!! The cost of bad hiring and high turnover is not acceptable to Sr. Management! I know the Colonel and Louie Louie were too involved in the hiring of the ex-Vertex reps! They have cost the company a ton of money and are jeopardizing any chance for a modest launch!! SHAME! SHAME! Furthermore, the DMs are just head bobbers!! Especially the one called the Dandy!

I hear they offered a Gilead rep 160 plus 60K sign on (fact). They said no thanks! Wonder why. Abbvie is a mess and had no idea whats going on. Leadership is clueless. And so is the new Gilead guy Bob.

I hear they offered a Gilead rep 160 plus 60K sign on (fact). They said no thanks! Wonder why. Abbvie is a mess and had no idea whats going on. Leadership is clueless. And so is the new Gilead guy Bob.

Is this written by my child? Another fine example of why we should just hire two ex PHARMA cc reps. "Ain't got no time for that!"

Is this written by my child? Another fine example of why we should just hire two ex PHARMA cc reps. "Ain't got no time for that!"

Agree, but people are not a biggest issue. Its the darn drug. Cant beat once a day and 98% SVR. Unless we give it away - then why do they need so many of us. I for one am looking at external options.

Agree, but people are not a biggest issue. Its the darn drug. Cant beat once a day and 98% SVR. Unless we give it away - then why do they need so many of us. I for one am looking at external options.

Interviewing for a position in the HCV division and have concerns after reading these posts.
My situation is moving from micromanaged big pharma primary care to Abbvie. Could it be any worse at Abbvie?
May be late to the game and be hard to compete against Gilead, but tell me one thing. Are the goals going to be realistic? Cause that's what this is all about. I have a dog of a product I sell now, but am making a killing because goals are realistic.

Are there "some" good managers in HCV?

Individual territory goals are not yet established but total sales goal is totally unachieveable! Most HCV reps are looking to get out prior to launch. Sales management is comprised of a bunch of Kaletra losers and primary care Bozos. Several good marketing folks but they are in junior positions. Top HQ management is either stupid or don't want to face reality - - - VP is the Emperor with no clothes on! Don't pursue unless you are going to spend 80% of your work day pursuing other career opportunities.