1 summit win needed to qualify for manager role

<

100% with op. Leadership is the weakest game in town right now. Could bring back credibility to the role.Honestly if we could just keep this place staffed it would be a win. Getting a good credible manager is a bonus.

This is an absolute must. This eliminates every Tom, Dick, and Harry from Chicago wanting to get out of that shithole city and come try out managment in the salesforce. We get too many of these people without any skills and they eventually ruin the culture. Just because you work in Northbrook doesn't automatically qualify you for anything. We need stop this trend immediately. A good example of this is the director from the capitol. Atrocious reputation. We do not need people like this. This job is hard enough. Stay at HQ

Those who have been around for a minute remember that in addition to hitting sales goals it was we “dumb reps” who managed the account, tracked and managed contract performance and resolved reimbursement issues. Just because the rules have changed it doesn’t mean that we aren’t fully capable of performing all of those functions like we did for many years. Make no mistake, we’re far from
dumb, but unfortunately the job sure has changed.

I agree with this post. Don't mean to hijack. The divide between the HQ and Salesforce has only grown larger during the pandemic. People at HQ were told to go home and take care of themselves. In the salesforce it was business as usual with all the people suffering from covid around us. We weren't even paid an extra single penny. I haven't even heard thanks for keeping the lights on. The people in HQ take care of their own. The salesforce is expendable. We get put on plans, we get punished during the review process, we get meetings with upper management to threaten us. The people from HQ still make great money and arent put through this. This is why the salesforce has been turned over so much. Would you like proof? Just ask someone at HQ how long they have been working with Astellas? Then ask someone in the salesforce. The biggest purge of the salesforce occured during covid. We lost half our people. Good People too! The current group at HQ managing all of this has been a really bad one. They hire really bad people to manage the salesforce.On top of all of these woes we are severely underpaid.

I agree with this post. Don't mean to hijack. The divide between the HQ and Salesforce has only grown larger during the pandemic. People at HQ were told to go home and take care of themselves. In the salesforce it was business as usual with all the people suffering from covid around us. We weren't even paid an extra single penny. I haven't even heard thanks for keeping the lights on. The people in HQ take care of their own. The salesforce is expendable. We get put on plans, we get punished during the review process, we get meetings with upper management to threaten us. The people from HQ still make great money and arent put through this. This is why the salesforce has been turned over so much. Would you like proof? Just ask someone at HQ how long they have been working with Astellas? Then ask someone in the salesforce. The biggest purge of the salesforce occured during covid. We lost half our people. Good People too! The current group at HQ managing all of this has been a really bad one. They hire really bad people to manage the salesforce.On top of all of these woes we are severely underpaid.

Quite possibly the stupidest post on CP which says a lot! Field was paid target for 6 months for doing nothing during the beginning of COVID. The home office people whom you say were sent home to take care of their families ended up working every single day of it. The level of entitlement is frightening! Get of your high horses!

Shut up, twerp

Quite possibly the stupidest post on CP which says a lot! Field was paid target for 6 months for doing nothing during the beginning of COVID. The home office people whom you say were sent home to take care of their families ended up working every single day of it. The level of entitlement is frightening! Get of your high horses!

Truth 100%.

I also agree with this one summit rule.I on the other hand was never good enough for the people at corporate.I was interviewed by multiplte people in a panel type interview. Only one lady was really nice to me. She no longer holds her position.Something happened to this person. I really wished I was part of corporate instead of field sales when covid came.I knew I was going to get sick.I got sick.I haven't been able to taste any food for over 2 years.

Everyone got sick? Lol. But that vaccine…that vaccine saved nothing, only made more people suffer from AE that no one really knows the truth on. That whole covid vaccine mandate can F-off. Many people still suffer to this day from one or the other. Long Covid and vaccine AE are real. I NEVER would have gotten that vaccine without the company mandate

Everyone got sick? Lol. But that vaccine…that vaccine saved nothing, only made more people suffer from AE that no one really knows the truth on. That whole covid vaccine mandate can F-off. Many people still suffer to this day from one or the other. Long Covid and vaccine AE are real. I NEVER would have gotten that vaccine without the company mandate

100% with op. Leadership is the weakest game in town right now. Could bring back credibility to the role.Honestly if we could just keep this place staffed it would be a win. Getting a good credible manager is a bonus.

I think wanting a credible manager is what the original post is getting at. We’ve all known summit winners who couldn’t coach themselves out of a paper bag, problem is still that we have a major shortage of skilled managers. I agree with this post that keeping staffed seems impossible, regardless of which BU you’re in. Not paying the talent we have and not paying for talent we need is killing us. On the oncology side, the shrinking number of people left who understand the market dynamics and what is needed to sell effectively in the space is very frustrating! Also agree that the field isn’t a training ground for home office personnel to cut their teeth- I could maybe see a rotation alongside a manager if they need real world exposure to improve their scope.

What you are all describing here is how this corporation has a real knack for devaluing its salesforce. When someone steps into a manager role for a year just to move on to bigger and better things that devalues the manager position. The access reimbursement job is consdiered to be a promotion from the manager role. That also devalues the position. Its also very hard on the salespeople having to deal with managers that are all about themselves. To get the that manager role this corporation implies that working on the inside will give you the skill needed to succeed as a manager. We learn nothing in field sales. Thats also how you devalue the salesforce. When managment like the VP's treat its people the way they do without even a good incentive plan that also devalues the salesforce. I know people that leave across the street for only 10k. Thats pretty sad. In the salesforce only a few have been able to cement themselves and work successfully while the majority gets turned over. Its too much! Its gone really bad. This place needs to settle down and help its people Its a lack of care and being in a more punitive role than a rewarding one. This is the culture that needs to corrected. I don't need another team trip, or another pressure added reward, or another contest.

As a female the team trips are very awkward. We travel with half the team that is new and nobody knows. I need a baby sitter, dog sitter, and I consider this more work. I don't look forward to spending time with people in managment and people I do not know. Can we please eliminate these trips. not rewarding

As a female the team trips are very awkward. We travel with half the team that is new and nobody knows. I need a baby sitter, dog sitter, and I consider this more work. I don't look forward to spending time with people in managment and people I do not know. Can we please eliminate these trips. not rewarding