Tough Stryker Interview Question

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are the owner of XYZ company (Stryker rep), and you need to produce $300,000 in revenue by the end of December or your company will go under (you will miss quota and be fired). You have a deal out there for $330,000 but the DM will not have the funds available until April. He likes you and understands your situation but tells you that his hands are tied...he does not have the money. What do you do?"

Possible answer: Persuade him to finance the deal (this is what I said).

He considers the financing option but will have to pay $20,000 in interest if he finances and is not willing to do this.

What do you do?

(I think post interview I know the answer but I want others opinions)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20k interest is only objection?

Buy the rate down to 0%. Agreement stays at 330. Interests buy down will still leave you with >300 and a job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pop quiz hot shot! There's a bomb on the bus. Once the bus goes 50 mph, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50 it blows up. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a stupid interview question. Any DM that asked me a question liked that would jump to the top of my "scumbag manager" list. But I guess that's the kind of people that work for Stryker anyway.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP -

Great analogy, thanks. Pretty much sums it up.

The answer is obvious after the interview but they throw questions at you so fast and really try and break you down...it's actually pretty exhilirating....but for noobs (me) try and come a lot more prepared than you think you need to be (ex. product lines, selling scenarios, examples from your past experience) so that you can answer fast, which they will expect you to

So let's say the proposed amount is now $300,000 instead of $330,000. What do you do now...hot shot?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And thank you for your honest answer.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start interviewing?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where were you interviewing? sounds like a joke of a DM

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If a manager asked me this kind of question I would sucker punch him and then shit on his chest. hoo rah motherfuckers.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask some probing questions.

Do you top off your blinker fluid after an oil change?

What mileage do you recommend when changing your muffler bearings?

Have you ever played tonsil darts upside down?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a question to uncover if you have ever worked with capitol equipment/dollars. If you ever have…. It is not a difficult question. There are many solutions to this answer financing, collect PO and set an extended delivery date (hospital will not be billed until delivery) or simply ask for a contingency PO.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read between the lines!!!

This company only hires complete dick heads that you would probably condisder "Frat boys". Seriously. If you are asked that question in an interview, run and run fast. They think that is so cool to ask such a tough question...Complete arrogant and silly bullshit.

Listen, Styker sucks and is one of the all-time most horrible companies to work for. If you like working 75 hours a week want to have no fun in life...then this gig is perfect for you.

You can make great money but who fucking cares! There are plenty of dick heads in the world so they have no problem fining candidates that think the interview question is awesome and challenging.

Really! I heard they ask candidates, "how many ping pong balls can you fit in a 747"? STUPID!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who interviews anymore? Did you have to bring a resume? who even has a resume in medical? Maybe i'm alone but its about the relationships you have in your territory. if you can bring 4 mil in business does it matter how many m&m's are in the jar? People pitch me jobs and i decide. The last question an interviewer asked me was "if you don't like this number, take it home and mark it up to what you think is fair." Seriously

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not STUPID, in fact your STUPID. For not thinking about what this basic question is really asking... Its an interview for a Sales position, and what do good salesman do? They ask questions! So a great follow up to this question "What is the Volume of a 747? What is the Volume of the ping pong ball? Is the 747 full or empty? Just asking a few questions can give anyone the correct answer, and this my friends is the basics of the sales process. Not to see if you really know how many ping pong balls can fit in a 747.

Not so STUPID...

If you want to get a sales job at Stryker here is the one thing to keep in mind "if you wont sell your Mother to make a deal", then your not agressive enough.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about this one....
    "Alright, Mr. ____, this question is the most important one today. Tell me a joke."
    Anyone ever get that curve ball?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YOU are a fucking douche.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A tough question that you want to be prepared for is"How many rushing yards did you have during your best season". If you are a female they will want to see your modeling portfolio and proof of all the covers you were on while in Milan.
    Forget about Science and how to converse on the same level as medical professionals.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In my area the only interview is, "Walk under this 6' 2" crossbar....Did you hit your head? Yes? You're hired."

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the best injection site to hide steroid use?