Time off manager discussion

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A few PC reps, as well as myself, have been talked to this week from our managers about taking time off. The discussion was concerning taking sick time, FMLA, and any time out of the field. The managers are basically linking poor Feb PPO with time off. However, my territory was not low on staff during that time? This seems like a upper management driven directive atleast in the NE. Anyone else hear or have "talk" like this with manager?? Weird conversation and my manager was not comfortable with the topic and squirmed while trying to support his stand.
    Serious responses only please.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lawyer up...seriously.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely from up top. Had a similar statement come from my CTL and I don't live anywhere near the NE. Too cold. :) All the directives coming down right now smell of top level desperation about B. Hopefully the new marketing we keep hearing about will be the shot in the arm it needs so we can all survive long enough for a new product to hit our bags.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager is either an idiot or he's simply following orders. I'm betting on the latter. It's one more piece of discontent that leads a rep to quit.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep in mind that CTLs are just coming off a big meeting. Probably the soup-of-the-day follow up project for managers to ratchet up productivity. This too shall pass.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brilliant logic. Now eat me

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It will not pass, we want to force out as many as possible before October 1st. Reduces our monetary output.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

like i said earlier, eat me

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My CTL said the same thing to me in March. I requested a few days off for a Memorial Day weekend holiday. He waited 8 days to approve it.
    He would prefer I take 3 days off after June. It was obvious to me. I felt bullied.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Poor little baby sycophant bullied girl. I would not approve any time off but earned vacation time. You have to be a Bernie thug!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is so funny smarty is that I am a male!! And yes I care about my family! Call me whatever you want... Never ASS-U-ME

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Avoiding work is not caring about the family just avoiding responsibility.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey baby Bernie, did you just use your vacation time or just screw the company trust. I assume that I can guess. Fart breath!