Survey and GSK values

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, May 2, 2016 at 1:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those "select" reps who receive the survey, please voice concerns about the lack of respect the company shows us when it comes to our personal time.

Respect is one of the core GSK values but they do not show it to their employees. For example, if you take a 1/2 day, you are punished for it. You have the VCT report which still does not factor in 1/2 days. I was told by my manager that I cannot take a 1/2 day or if I do, I need to make up the calls. So if I have 6 hours of meetings and conference calls, I cannot take a 1/2 day, I need to work on my personal time to make the calls up. If my calls are under 8, I get a nasty email from my boss because this billion dollar company cannot fix an error on a spreadsheet. And might I add that numerous representatives have complained about this error for about 8 months but nothing has been done to correct it.

Or how about CIA modules that are due June 10th? Company says get them done by then but Desmond decides to create an arbitrary date of this Friday to have them completed. That's 12 hours of modules I need to do in one week on my personal time.

Please communicate on the survey that senior leadership continually contradicts the GSK values and they need to start respecting our personal time to give us the work life balance we deserve.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do agree with you certainly about the half-day issue in determining our call average per day. That is ridiculous! But as far as doing the Eforce modules on your own time , That is where you can correct that yourself. I have done the Eforce modules and I took a whole day to do it on company time and put it in the notes as sales training which is what it is. If it is required by the company then it will be done on company time!!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1/2 day issue is a clear example of the disconnect between management and sales force!!! It's a reporting error that no one can fix?! No 1/2 days for sales team? What a joke!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, that's per manager discretion. My FLL would have me fired for taking a "sales training day". He would see zero sales calls and go crazy.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers and every one in the company can take 1/2 days but sales force can't! Managers discourage 1/2 days because it effects call average. All because of Visual control tool.

We want our 1/2 days back GSK!!!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! Good luck with that. Nothing is changing. Either take a full day vacation day or nothing. Sales force complaints have been falling on deaf ears for almost a year about that.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ditto

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol funny to hear this one. It's all too true. Let me put this one out there, how about the conference calls that take 1/2 day? You can't mark it down like it happens. Same for half sick.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope, you have to make up the time. It's ridiculous. So when my boss has a half day strategy meeting, I need to race out of there and make 8 calls in 4 hours or work longer ever day to make up the time. So you get screwed.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes, the ride alongs. Start late, wait for the DM, stick to a scripted route, take 4x longer, and see 3 providers.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 surveys a year to figure out why morale is constantly low in the organization but when concerns are voices, nothing is done. And we are not asking for much.

Can we start with just the ability to take a damn half-day when I want to!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BRING BACK THE HALF-DAY TO THE SALES TEAM!!

1/2 vacation
    1/2 sick
    1/2 sales meeting

Any 1/2 days, we will take anything! Give us back control over our time!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Somethin wrong with your manager....mine would never say anything for taking a day to do a dozen or so modules....if they want it done it is crazy to do on your own time!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't get invited to do a survey this year. Last time I did I survey, I recommended some sort of checks and balances for managers to remove the incompetencies and corruption (we got SECs and pending manager demotions,) I recommended getting rid of this ridiculous 360 program(we are getting Viiv,) recommended going full line (happening!), and asked for sales numbers to count (duh.)- Nostradamus

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

spent Tuesday eve, Thurs eve, and Sunday doing CIA modules- thanks Glaxo! I am not crazy but my boss is...no time out of field and 8 calls a day or write a memoir explaining why you suck as a human being and how you won't fail again.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is all this question and confusion about half days and call average . I have worked here for 20+ years and never had anyone question my call average. If I have 4 teleconferences in a week I put down 1/2 day of accumulate teleconference , it is never questioned. Maybe I should pay closer attention to that stuff, but it seems irrelevant .

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your manager cannot have you "fired" for taking a legitimate sales training day. If he threatens to do so turn him in to HR or compliance - he is asking you to falsify documentation (try it, trust me it will work, all of a sudden he will never ask you to do that again)

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Call averages factor into ratings discussions as per management. 8 calls is validation for a 3, along with selling ways, etc. 9 or more calls, along with selling ways, etc, helps drive discussion for higher rating. The visual control tool does not calculate 1/2 days so you get a lower call average if you enter in a half-day, which potentially affects your rating, and your managers rating (team call average is a factor).

So managers will not let sales team take half days because of the reporting error.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Like a previous poster said....I take 1//2 day accumulated teleconferences all the time. No big deal at all. Never been questioned either. Seems to be a disconnect with managers. It was also my understanding that TOT did help your call average. If you had 4 calls one day, plus 1/2 day TOT-sales meeting, whatever reason, it would reflect as an 8 call day.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8 is far below what we are asked to do.....10-12 per day with signatures.