Sell Off Medimmune

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Sep 2, 2016 at 8:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ needs to quit spending billions on this money suck.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never been to Medi but I keep hearing that the place is like a Google Play Yard. Workout machines in the work spaces and game rooms all over the place. Really? Can anyone confirm this? If it's true then I think we have some real issues.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% confirmed. It is a county club.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's right, polish the crap that we have to sell it but no buyers because they can smell BS

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BS, depends on the site. Some are shit holes.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BJ says Medimmune is a "great place to work"....so it must be true

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medi rocks, leave us alone. Don't need your big pharma culture or ideas here in Gaithersburg. Just let us be, you can thank us later.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are many convenient mirrors on the MedImmune Campus. Proper procedure is to stop, admire yourself in the mirror and repeat "Damn I did invent biotechnology"

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Sell off AZ and just keep MedI. Oh wait, that will happen with the upcoming layoffs

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well don't sell AZ Hq in Wilmington short, we now have one toilet or urinal for everyone who still has a job here. No waiting in line. And my area is so quiet I can sometimes here the mouse who lives in the vacant office next to me. And we have free parking with 10 parking spaces per current hq employee. And there is no waiting in line for lunch in the cafeteria. Oh wait, maybe this is not good.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Medimmune has no brand. You people are dead in the water you just don't know it yet. That Durvalumab plant is a false hope. You have to look at the competition and the R&D outputs. Unless Durvalumab cures cancer it's headed to a disappointment. No idea why the AZ owned staff under Mi aren't more cautious. Medimmune won't be left standing when it's over.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://www.biopharmadive.com/news/next-stop-in-astrazeneca-fire-sale-china/428240/

The AZ fire sale continues. You don't do that from a position of strength. And yes branding matters. Medi copied others research and will roll out the same medicine 5 years after the competition. Pat yourself on the back. Medi and it's parts get sold before the AZ brand goes down. Durvalumab is a pipe dream to save the day. This is just the beginning and the analysts are already doubtful.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

http://www.biopharmadive.com/news/next-stop-in-astrazeneca-fire-sale-china/428240/

The AZ fire sale continues. You don't do that from a position of strength. And yes branding matters. Medi copied others research and will roll out the same medicine 5 years after the competition. Pat yourself on the back. Medi and it's parts get sold before the AZ brand goes down. Durvalumab is a pipe dream to save the day. This is just the beginning and the analysts are already doubtful.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize that this deal is very likely to be worth much less than the headline number. Only the upfront payment is guaranteed to ever be paid. You will need an awful lot of these deals to over perform to get to $45 billion in revenue.

The pipeline is 50% Medi because there is almost no other R&D left in the company elsewhere, after the slashing R&D cuts. As always with AZ, most of these pipeline entities will either fail completely or end up being commercially unimportant and end up being sold off like the others we have seen recently. It will take 5 first in class block busters to get to their targets, while I guess that's possible still, it doesn't look very likely.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wonder if Pascal's vision to employees ($45b or whatever it is now) is the same that he delivers to investors. Just lie to employees so they stay and give investors the real deal behind closed doors

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ will be the next Valeant

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let's not delude ourselves. None of us will be staying here for very long.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"At the height of the takeover battle, the company went public with a forecast that sales would rise by three-quarters to $45 billion by 2023 - a hostage to fortune, perhaps, but a target Soriot remains confident will be met.

"I might not be here to see if we achieve that in 2023 but people won't have to wait until then."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-astrazeneca-ceo-insight-idUSKCN0Y90LS

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They must be lying even more to the investors, or they would have all sold out already.