Repatha and Prolia position

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2015 at 11:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am preparing to interview for one of these potions. Very excited about potential at Amgen, I currently make 95K and 30K in bonus. What can I expect from Amgen? Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A RIF every few years!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a very good salary. If it is an Amgen position, right in the ballpark. Launch money can vary as it is uncapped. If it is a contract position, not so much. Less benefits. Good company to work for with salary and bennies, but culture not so great. More Pfizer and Merck people bringing their culture. If you can not let it affect you, then you will probably like it.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would you say there is any possibility of a decent work/life balance here? I suppose that is manager-dependent, but just tired of the meaningless dinner programs I am forced to do at my current co and getting home at 10pm just in time to run reports and prep for yet more ride-alongs ( 3-4 days per month).

How is the day-to-day morale and energy in this unit?

Thanks for any input!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen culture is the absolute worst. It's a culture of fear. Inspiration through intimidation. I've heard rumors of managers throwing their reps under the bus to compliance.
    Money good culture bad.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have all interviews been completed for these expansion positions?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I turned down the offer as I hear the culture is not great. I do not need to be micro-managed. Time will tell if I made the right decision. Good Luck to all

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard that too.

The culture has dramatically changed. A lot of micromanagement, and there is a culture of fear.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your looking to escape field rides than Amgen is not for you as they are so focused on field rides. My manager did back to back days every month. They took focus away from dinner programs to save money so not sure what the plan is when new drug is approved.

Most managers require weekly trackers for syringe purchases , it's busy work but still pharma so it's not like we work all that much

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BCBU reps make a lot of money though. They make more than INBU. OBU makes more than INBU Be happy you are paid well in BCBU.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would BCBU reps make so much? Unless you are in a very large city, aren't you calling on a lot of primary care docs with Prolia?

I know cardio changes this a little, but if you have a majority of PC targets, you are still a primary care rep, no matter how you spin it.

I've never understood why Prolia reps make as much as they do. They are glorified PC reps. In my opinion, base should never be over $100,000. We are wasting our money on these yahoos.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So because someone calls on primary care offices they are somehow below you? What an ass you are. I guess you're oncology where you fake all your calls and talk to nobody

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Onyx reps are superior to reovat Amgen! You are all losers in our book.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one ever said you were "below" someone else. The point is that primary care gigs are not the same as specialty, in terms of pay. That's the way this industry works. Sorry, that's just the simple truth. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Stop belittling others to make yourself feel better.

The beauty of my job is that I don't have to fake calls. Making account based calls changed that for me when I came to Amgen. When I worked for other companies, everyday was a lie because I had to make calls on 8-10 docs. So, yes, I love it here. I make a six figure base, have great products, and don't have to lie on my calls. And, I also love not calling on primary care. It's a rat race and I'm glad not to run around that endless wheel anymore. If given the choice- I bet you would choose oncology or a specialty job over PC.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We at onyx are better than you losers!! Obu sucks ass!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Onyx no longer exists not sure if you heard but Amgen owns you

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree...Amgen sucks..dont go there....massive micromanagement...and oncology reps do NOTHING

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Says the guy who doesn't work in oncology (but wishes he did) and makes less than those in oncology. Ouch, the truth hurts.

Keep hating on us, jealousy gets you nowhere.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is interesting how the tide is changing. Given that primary care offices are becoming more likely to treat and less likely to refer, the focus for Prolia and Repatha is Gen Med. And because biologics, buy and bill, and speciality pharm is new to them, they depend on their sales rep for every step. Plus they see more patients a day. This is why the reps are paid more. I went over to this division to make more money - 18% raise. I never thought I would do it, but so glad I did. Plus you get hospital, managed care, formulary, all specialty exposure too... Prolia and Repatha touch 80% of all customers - even Ortho, Nephro, Oncology write one or both of these. The other divisions have their pros too but wasn't really happy and tired of feeling that I wasn't learning anything new.