R&D Layoffs!

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jul 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that can't be. I have a masters degree in chemistry. I am smart. You are stupid.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WHEN Merck was admired, I was proud to be a part of MRL. Then, senior management went to the crapper, and we looked and found greener pastures. Much greener. So did all the other researchers with half a brain. The handwriting was on the wall in the 1990's. Scientists took their knowledge (not Merck's intellectual property) and used it against them.

As I mentioned earlier, the scientists who couldn't do the science went into sales. Not sure how they fared, but the lab ran a lot smoother. Sorry to say, but the running joke was that the worst scientists either got promoted (typically Ph.D.s) or tried sales (MS/BS scientists).

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A masters in science is a glorified B.S. degree. Try getting a Ph.D. That separated the men and women from the boys and girls.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

or they went because they make a lot more money than a hack scientist. you seemed to forget that part. really smart people go where the money is.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The name of the game is money! I spent my career in sales and in the last ten years never made less than 250K none of the PhD crowd comes close. Just sniff the lab fumes!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Go back to watching your reality tv shows and praising Trump. This country is going to be run by the uneducated heathens!! You best pray for the scientific community to come up with a smart pill for your kids!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on - - - our populace IQ have been declining for decades! I went to one of the sales meetings and was shocked by lack of basic scientific knowledge and vacuous stares! I guess with pharma reps dropping off samples and pizzas only, you really don't need to know the science behind our drugs. Just pitiful what pharma has become! When Hillary becomes the president, I bet the role of pharma reps will be eliminated. That will be one change that will definitely drive profits for Merck.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What drugs are these? You have done nothing for 7 years. Just a bunch of failures getting out classed by people from other countries. How does it feel to be second rate?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If all you care about is money, then you are one shallow person. Scientists know going into the profession that they won't make nearly as much. But I assure you that their integrity and honesty (and probably ability to save money wisely) greatly exceeds a sales rep.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry, but a PhD just means it took you twice as long to learn the same thing as a BSc/Ms.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well stated.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is a drug??
    Scientist a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.
    MD a useful substance to treat the patient while increasing my wealth
    Lawyer a liability
    Sales snake oil

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep your head buried up your ass! I will enjoy my money and what it can buy e.g. BMW vs bug, steaks vs burritos, fine bourbon vs popoff.
    Clueless scumsucker!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is your problem, spanky?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The biggest question is why do you think you are scientists? Is there integrity taking a paycheck for seven plus years and showing no results? What the difference between you and people drawing a welfare check in big cities? The difference is most people don't actually stay on welfare for seven years. You are worse than them. Just because you have a piece of paper does not make you scientists. If you invest the little money you have like you create drugs I am sure your investment will be just like your life. Zero point zero. I would not call being a scientist is a profession for R&D. It more of a hobbie. Most professionals show positive results is some way. All you do is fail. Failure after failure after failure. You bring nothing.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a piece of paper that states otherwise. It took me 15 years to get that masters degree.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15years, did you have to learn to read first?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You bring sandwiches, bawhahahahaha!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great thread. What have you done? Educate us. How are those layoffs going?