Physio-Stim or Exogen 4000? Why?

Discussion in 'Orthofix' started by Anonymous, Jul 8, 2009 at 2:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physio-Stim or Exogen 4000? Why?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have sold both. Do not worry about what anyone who says this one works better or that one works better none of that matters ALL BONE STIMS WORK more or less the same (which may also be not at all). I lost zero clients when I started selling another product, I said I will make the process easy for you and easy for the patient just like I always have.

Orthofix - says works through the cast, easy for old people, no goo to apply or buy.

Exogen - says has better field, cut the cast to get better results, newer technology.

Result - it doesn't matter either way find a doc make him happy make some money end story.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you to the above poster...that was cut to the chase simple! KUDO's to you! Very helpful!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is interesting though, that when an Exogen is placed on a Physio-Stim failure, the patient gets healed.

Whether or not it has anything to do with easier compliance with the Exogen's 20 minute treatment, or efficacy is questionable.

When I first started selling Exogen in this competitive market, I asked surgeons to give me all of their Orthofix failures. It worked, now most of them are Exogen users.

When the clinics realize that Insurance Companies pay for the Windowing of the Cast, it's a no brainer. When most Insurance companies pay for certain acute fractures with Exogen and Not with Electrical Stimulators, it's a no brainer.

Exogen, Physio-Stim? Yes, there are major differences. But, as we all know, it's all about relationships. If you were a rep in the good old days who was able to golf, hunt, travel, attend sporting events, etc. with your customers, then chances are, you "own" your market.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exogen has pretty much taken over the market due to it's expanded indications and insurance coverage for acute fractures at risk.

The cast portal is really not too much of an issue and clinics can bill for this procedure.
    When Orthofix is placed over a cast, the efficacy rate goes down and it doesn't really reach it's full potential until patient comes out of the cast.

At least with Exogen, the effects take place right away.

I've sold both. And I see better results with Exogen overall.

Orthofix is best for Spine. Exogen is best for long bones, mets, scaphoids. Slam Dunk.

However an office is going to buy from who gives them the best service and who they "like" the most. Because some accounts are stupid that way...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an easy one, they both SUCK and aren't worth shit!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so. Just had a huge success with the Exogen 4000 on an Orthofix failure. No lie.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, that may be but I am killing in my large ortho clinics because Smith and Nephew refuses to buy and bill. I'm Rich, Bitch! Idiots!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well get prepared to be a Poor one. Getting ready to have your clocks cleaned with your stock and bill programs. Will be an equal playing field next year.
    S&N refused to do participate in stock and bill for a REASON. It's called Ethics.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget the "Money Back Guarantee"!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what would you have us do? Nothing is illegal about buy-and-bill with bone stims. Period. Offices can profit off any of the devices, it is just your company that chooses not to allow this. Look at DonJoy with their horrible heal rates ( including 2 amputations in their clinical trial!!!!)-- how on earth do you think they really sell those things? Uh...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DJ doesn't sell those in my territory!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SN doesnt want to do the buy and bill program because?...

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because, it's a pain in the ass for accounts to bill and collect co-pays from patients.
    Also they don't want to get into bidding wars since their product is superior.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Also talk about the program getting kicked to the curb so SN waiting.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SN is smart. Telling the patient they have a 3K deductible not met, in the office is a bear. Many offices cant get the deductibles from patients and it's a good way to piss patients off and have them go somewhere else. Great way to piss off surgeons and SN doesn't want to go down that road. Buy and Bill for Bone Sims is stupid and it's a mess for the clinics.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Orthofix needs to come clean about their rental program.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes they do, along with everyone else

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard from a source in managed care that some insurance companies who are just finding out about this practice may end up trying to collect on the difference between what the office paid for the bone stim and what they reimbursed the office for the unit, which as all of us know can be upwards of about a grand per unit. Multiply that by every buy-and-bill unit you have done since you got here. what in the heck would happen if that really occurred? How much would your ortho clinics freak out???!!
    Is that even possible?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think bone stim biz is dead?