Pfizer Retiree Medical

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP, responses are all over the map. I pay $85/mth which covers my medical and dental. ALL of my rxs are free. It seems to differ from year to year depending on your retirement date;unfortunately HRsource, fidelity, and ceridian are not uniform on their answers either. Good Luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What legacy plan did you retire under? $85.00 a month for both are unheard of. You are right, this company can't tell you one uniform answer when you call. If what you are saying is true, there are many of us who are getting Pf--ked. Whatever happened to all of those Pfizer Values they cherish so much. It's such a joke and an embarassment.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine is $392 for our family of three. What are others paying? I believe mine would be $150 for just myself.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine is $240 per month for me and spouse in 2010. (WL Legacy)

It is projected to go to $380 per month in 2011 with steeper increases in future years.

It depends on your Legacy company. Everyone pays different prices but get same benefits.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was ATSed from legacy PFE in 2009 and my (single) med/dental/vision/etc is about $100/mo with HealthNet. I will be moving over to the retiree United Crapcare insurance. Does anyone have any idea of cost/deducible? I can't get an answer from PFE.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

employee only $150 monthly - PPO coverage

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How does your insurance compare to the hourly workers? Are you a second class citizen?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My daughter (on Medicare disability and soc security) I am on Medicare and social security (age), my husband is only on social security. In 2009 our monthly premium was $599. This year 2010 the premium is $1,343.50, more than double. United Healthcare has extremely high deductibles which we finally met. Out-of-pocket, a whopping $5000.00. All UHC has been paying is for some Rx costs that Medicare won't pay. On a fixed income slowly going broke. President Obama was on Jay Leno, The Tonight Show, and said the insurance companies are trying to get rid of the retirees because we cost them money. My husband and daughter are on a PPO Retiree plan and I am on a Carve Out Plan. Call Pfizer on October 26, 2010 and they will have the information for 2011. This sucks!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sorry to tell you, 2011 and beyond will be worse. Coverage is down, cost is up. Kindler in bed with Obama and trying to help him achieve his "universal government plan" goal. Retirees will be out in the cold when Pfizer eliminates medical coverage for retirees. Even if Obamacare gets repealed, it is unlikely Pfizer will reduce the costs to be paid by individuals.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New plan covers at 100% no deductible for a good butt-fucking. So bend over and enjoy.

11. Just got off the phone with HR people at Pfizer. Was formerly under Wyeth legacy plan for ACY pre '94 retirees. Pfizer eliminated the group --- we are not even considered Wyeth Legacy employees anymore. Eliminated 90% or the coverage and call it "Traditional Medicare Plan. Costs will be way up benefits way down. Criminal and totally unethical.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The medical coverage being offered to retirees is pitiful. Very high premiums and very high out of pocket expenditures before even one penny of reimbursement is paid with the Medicare Carve Out plan. A pharmaceutical company (like the one Pfizer used to be) should be ashamed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Darn it, out of diapers again.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For all you current employees, you better understand what your company has done to those of us who paved the way for you. I'm glad they now pay domestic gay partners bills while sticking it to the retirees. This company lost its soul and moral character. Word to the wise, don't expect anything from this company, it is not the old Pfizer, it is a new one that is rife with bad fundamentals and lack of principles. Its heading to the MBA classes for modern failures. Say goodbye as soon as you can.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gone are the days when companies offer retirees medical benefits. Pfizer is actually one of the few companies who offers this benefit.

Why should a company pay for your health care when you are no longer providing service?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really are a dumbass. I don't need to add anymore comments as you have just insulted all those employees who gave this corporation the best years of their life. Thanks alot.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many of us gave (and we agree we were compensated) many hours and efforts to sell this company's (or a purchased company's) products. Unlike many of the present employees who job hop, we were dedicated "lifer's" or career sales people who cared about selling, our clients and our products. We helped to make tremendous profits for this company selling what was discovered.
    Therefore, we do deserve Retiree benefits. Nuff said.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. This morally corrupt company screws employees at every opportunity. sad. very sad.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never depend on promises unless they are written in stone. Everything else is just bullshit.

You retirees should have learned something during your long lives? I knew better by the age of 28.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We certainly do deserve retirement benefits for a whole career spent making Pfizer successful but that's not the world we live in anymore. You know the attitude in NYC HQ - cold, calculating, all about costs and everyone is expendable. Since there's zero return from spending money on retirees you can expect less and less. Retire now before it gets worse!