New to Lab Sales

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by JimmyC, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. JimmyC

JimmyC Guest

I am a new Lab sales rep. I know nothing about the industry. I was hired about a month ago and have a little understanding about panels and certain tests. I have some slides the company wants me to use in order to set appointments. I take a manager or experienced sales rep with me to close deals afterward. I've closed a few with their help, but I feel as if I can't close anything on my own. The company has no formal training. I used to sell advertising in NYC, so I'm no stranger to the skills it takes to set appointments. If you hired a rookie Lab sales rep with no knowledge of the industry, what are the 3 things he should know by Week 3 on the field? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:D

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most labs have little sales training. I would spend my time ASKING questions first before trying to sell, hell you don't know if what you are selling they really need till you find out about their office and needs. You may not even want them as a customer. Ask loads of questions like how many specimens they test each week. What type of testing do they do in that office, what type of insurance do most people have. How do they want to get the info back, what EHR do they have, etc etc.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, I didn't know productive, genuine conversations actually occurred on CP. Kudos for turning this steaming pile into a real forum.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you being paid 1099 or W2, if you are not W2 you are in BIG TIME violation of the LAW and risk going to Jail. Both you and the LAB. Try to find a LAB that pays W2 and is compliant. Most of this on the board is BIGTIM huffhuff so don't pay attention. Look for credible people offering W2 lab opportunities possibly on Linkedin or Indeed. Good luck

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just not Supreme Labs. Biggest crooks around.