Merck Serono to pay $44 million to settle false claims over Rebif.....

Discussion in 'Serono' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2011 at 10:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will spend the entire weekend shifting through old emails looking for similar violations. It will be worth $5 million. I'm rich!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This place is a mess, a total freaking mess.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This lawsuit and lack of firing of current employees listed in the suit is good news for current employees and past employees who were let go for compliance issues. Since Serono picks and chooses who they will fire for compliance violations, this does not look good for Serono in the courts. Examples: Mary got fired back in 2008 for a compliance violation. She now files a lawsuit against Serono stating she was fired but current employees are still employed and a court determined they broke the law. John gets fired in August 2011 because of a compliance violation. He either negotiates a nice severence package or files a lawsuit based on the same criteria. A company cannot pick and choose their favorites when a clear compliance violation occurs. The Rebif rep from Texas that was fired a few years ago needs to consider a lawsuit if she did not sign a contract to leave quietly. I am surprised DS, CH, LC and others are not shown the door. Remember Serono does not want anymore bad press. You are in the drivers seat.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can MS patients do to ensure the doctors who accepted the bribes will be punished? Who do we turn to to make sure we are given the right drug? 44 mil was a slap on the wrist; Rebif is a billion dollar per year business for them.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our Values: From our Holy Grail Gold Card
    Integrity - ensures our credibility
    Respect - is the foundation of any partnership
    Transparency - makes mutual trust possible
    Courage - opens the door to the future
    Achievement - makes our entrepreneurial success possible
    Responsibility - determines our entrepreneurial actions
    Inducement - ensures proper physician coercion and manipulation occurs
    Bribery - MS Societies and Doctors - Maybe I have a $5,000 grant in my
    pocket or maybe I don't. You tell me...
    We are the laughing stock of MS! Thanks Senior Leadership for your guidance.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny. The old gold card. I remember one meeting when the gold card was introduced a RBD asked who had their gold card. The ABD (BP) pulled it out of his wallet. We all thought what a douche. Another story: An outspoken KAM was rated low on values. They asked for proof. None was provided. The KAM told the ABD if proof was not shown in 5 days or the rating moved higher, an attorney would be contacting EMD Serono. The rating was moved to meets expectations. Our company is terrified of lawsuits.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consortium of MS Centers (CMSC) =MS neurologist bias against CCSVI (from CCSVI in MS by Joan Beal)
    by Sief Hart on Friday, May 6, 2011 at 1:56am

Today's shocking revelation is that the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (CMSC) was laundering money for kickbacks to neurologists by Merck Serono and that Executive Director June Halper was the head of this program.

Frank Timmons, Serono employee stated to Amato,

"We have a whole money-laundering thing going on with June Halper."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest