keepsirandrew.com

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Apr 30, 2016 at 6:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Andrew is incompetent and is still employing the same dopes that acquired the collective dog pound of pharma (sirtrus, domantis, hgs, etc). He is charismatic and talks a great game but is out of his league in pharma. But hey, don't worry, he is rich and gsk is about to be carved up. Enjoy the koolaid while it lasts. Good talk.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK, maybe. I do give Andrew credit for acknowledging our screwups and taking ownership when he started as CEO. No one else ever did that.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

His mistake was not bringing in R&D leaders with PROVEN track records in drug development. MS was and is a charlatan and buffoon. The damage he has done is counted in billions of pounds. And then they bring in an academic, PV who is a good man but never developed a drug. The first order of business for a new CEO is to fire the top R&D leadership for cause. No packages given.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

R&D certainly hasn't done jackschittt.... unless you count reorganizing.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clarification, R&D at UP and UM haven't done jackschitt. RTP pulled the heavy load. Just wait and see how fast the boat takes on water now and then sinks!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can't wait for that rtp pipeline to deliver. Cha Ching

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you saying he's only make ONE mistake????

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First mistake, he is a Brit.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that is anti-brititic. I'm going to report you to the ADL

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes!!! I will sign the petition to keep Sir Andrew right after I sign up for 4 more years of Obama.

12. JV49

JV49 Guest

i worked for GSK when Andy was made CEO and after watching that twit give millions of GBP away to former British colonies at a time when the company was struggling, I told my colleagues that the only thing motivating Andy was gaining a Knighthood - and I was right. In the UK, a person is not considered " the right sort" unless that person has a title.

Once Andy got that "Sir", he gave up all pretense of working at his job, and instead started to buy and sell parts of GSK to make his upper class friends more wealthy. Screw the stockholders of GSK- His friends held stock in the other firms. Those that he gave the oncology business to, or those that he purchased only to see them languish and die after he pumped up their stock with the GSK name. Nobody but a complete lunatic would sign a petition to keep him.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Friday is the last day to sign the petition! Let's keep Sir Andrew for another ten years! Sheer genius to transition GSK from high profit/low volume products like oncology medications to low profit/high volume products like Aquafresh toothpaste. If only the volume could be increased a thousand fold then the strategy might have worked. But sheer genius nevertheless.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we don't give " Sir " awards in America....the Brits cheapened that award by giving one to Elton.......

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very insightful. Sir Andrew implemented this strategy while these other fools (Novartis , jnj, etc) keep foolishly discovering breakthrough and innovative medicines to generate their billions. Sir Andrew can see the future of the industry and gsk will be prepared to reap the rewards in 2024. Forward!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, very forward thinking. When the Volume Strategy pays off in 2065, GSK will be sitting pretty. The thousands of GSK employees that are laid off and the decline in the stock price are just temporary pain in this otherwise brilliant strategy. Andrew should be double knighted for this strategic brilliance.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Chair seems as clueless as the CEO. It's time for some Yanks to take over and pillage Glaxo House. Time to bring JP back.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OK but did he acknowledge HIS screw ups? GSK China sales and scientific fraud? Sirtris? HGS? Sale of oncology? Keeping R&D senior leaders after repeated failures? And the crown jewel, wait for it, wait for it...."The Volume Strategy" where pharma blockbusters are traded for sales of toothpaste and flu jabs. What will be sickening is if he leaves with a multimillion pound package!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what do you mean, IF?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

here in the US , he will take his money and retire