Just saw a email I was not supposed to see

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven't heard a peep from manager-don't know if she has a meeting next week or not. Has anyone else confirmed PC manager meeting next week?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I checked with the regional secretary and the meeting is solid.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who are you idiots ? There's no meeting. Why don't you crawl back under that rock immature mentally unbalanced loafer !

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, no….. there's no meeting. There's nothing to worry about. There are no planned layoffs at this time. Our pipeline is rich with potential. Our management team is the industry's best. Blah, blah, blah.

I don't believe a single thing that comes from this company's management. I do believe that PC is headed for a major "optimization", probably through devious means. After all, we wouldn't want to unnecessarily pay those severance packages, would we?

FU and FU Merck.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I sent an email to my local Russian hacker to find that email. As soon as the Russian finds the emails I will post it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no one seems to have any specifics on this rumored layoff. why bother giving team three asthma bag at all? why let go of epbu? could have kept them and just had januvia rep cover belsomra. i think 2017 is when cuts will come. at least two reps will remain in each territory for diabetes coverage at that point. the question still remains which two????

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One of the rumors included the selling off of the PC business so MRK could focus only on oncology and vaccines. That would explain why they proceeded in this fashion. Who knows?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The elephant in the room: In 2020, there will be no Januvia. When the only drug you really have left is three years away from disappearing, you're working for one seriously shitty company.

Also, let's not overlook the fact that Januvia is about to decline sharply, in light of changes in the market. Even the price increases that Merck is so famous for can't make up for the damage that's about to be done to Januvia.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I will be on the plane and off to Philly for participation in the restructuring meeting. I will let you know results tuesday

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not part of the diabetes team. Why will sales decrease sharply? Last I heard it was the cash cow for the next few years.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they really flying managers to Philly for this? Seems like a huge waste. Anyone ever heard of webcast? No wonder the company is failing.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YAWN Same idiot answering them self. Meetings a lie OPs a degenerate !!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ok give specifics. other than just layoffs coming. how is it going down? we have seen entire teams get cut, but also have seen outside consulting companies come in and evaluate year end differentiation, location to geography, "other" factors into downsizing. is it a quick phone call or several months in the making.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am up early and eating my breakfast and plan on sitting in a front row seat. I will have selected a new position by days end and will leave very happy.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CTLs getting "optimized". Reps safe, for now.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't listen to this guy. He's the same one who stays home most of the day posting on CP with threats of layoffs all the time. Just follow this thread from the beginning. There were no manager meetings to discuss downsizing. And, none have been planned. I do know for certain that managers are being backfilled when there's vacancies. I do know what Inventiv jobs are on the line because of Merck CV/Respitory team interviewing for them. Whenever we hit this posters threats of deadlines, we get ".....safe until...." a later date. He's just a malcontent who likes to create confusion and fear. He's an Obama voter, a typical lib. What do you expect. And no, I'm not a very big Trump supporter either, although I do think he will slow the countries demise at a slower rate than Hill. Sucks all the way around.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for being the voice of reason. At a time when we have seen other field forces eliminated such as Respiratory and CV, what calming thoughts can you provide for Primary Care's future? My main concern is that our flagship product, Januvia, is about to follow the same product life cycle of Singulair. Thanks again!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, I have no calming thoughts. Its all a mess to me. We don't know, managers don't know, only the trial lawyer CEO and the board knows. Doesn't Januvia go generic in 2022, or something like that? I'm just trying to hang on for as long as possible. Six years might be stretching it, but i think we'll be okay for a 2-3 years. And if we get things like osteo, that might be a bit of a game changer. CTEP could be gigantic, but who knows if it will truly get here? Just a very unstable industry to work in now. No place really too safe.

Ok Mr. Hillbilly! Time for you to get on and tell us how much you know about the supposed reorg.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In 2020, Januvia is done. It will decline steadily until then.
    Six years? Not a chance….for anyone in PC or Women's Health. Oncology and Vaccines are the only safe zones.
    Osteo will be a dog, if it even gets approved. Lots of generics to compete with; it's Belsomra/Doglera, Part 2….errr, I mean Part 3.
    CTEP doesn't have a chance in hell. None.
    Sorry for the bad news, but by now we're all used to it. Dust off that resume, just as tens of thousands of other former Merckies have recently.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gotta love the robust pipeline. Remember how big pharma used to bash generics because generics didn't invest in R&D? Guess the well just ran dry.