Is anyone else experiencing burnout?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis has had a bad reputation for years, just like Pfizer and several other Big Pharma companies. Best advice is to hang on for a couple years, gain some experience, then move on. Shitty company cultures...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is that the only experience you gain is how to barely survive big pharma
    Then you are left with the problem of how to get hired post-Novartis.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly! I really think my tenure with Novartis is preventing my from getting call backs.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I assure you it is
    You're now wearing a scarlet letter

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep ! Plus the pay . For te job you are applying for look at "glassdoor" they will tell
    You salary ranges for the job and you can see reviews. Im wondering when you apply online and they ask for your base if you are immediately excluded.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It isn't money. These companies have that to burn. Not another company around wants anyone who comes from here. You come here to die. Or switch careers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Burnt out. Beyond fried. Super crispy. Like black and inedible.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is regional. Some areas can't wait and actively call for Novartis reps. If anything, long time Novartis reps are very well trained and know how to get it done. The problem is if you've been beat down to the point where you've given up, your motivation is gone because of the abusive managers, this will show in a interview.
    Good regional directors in place are key. They either have a good intuition about abl's or they allow themselves to be sold, never truly doing a through background check. The mood starts from the top down. Symbiotic and respectful, or abusive.
    You can go from region to region and the moods of the reps will let you know everything.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our regional has hired way too much estrogen. My new manager seemed nice at first, but she is not being flexible on things that need flexibility. Feels more like a primary care manager. She will soon see a departure of reps both old and newly hired. New hires are complaining that this is not what they thought Novartis was like. It will be fun to see how her review goes with the regional, and she is asked, how come so many of your team members have left?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are there really regions where's CSS's are not burned out and are not demotivated? Where?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

that is total BS....everyone is demotivated and looking to leave.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

burnout? hell yeah, time for more lube..my ass is on fire.

signed, soon to be promoted even though Im a failure AKA Alisha

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow ... Sounds like my dm New hires are miserable and ask us wtf ? Idk we can all
    Complain it won't change and leaving isn't as easy at it sounds pharma is pharma need to leave industry .

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This company is the worst. Never in my 25 years have I ever seen the abuse, lies and the overall horrible treatment of everyone. This environment is the worst. The drug is good but they aren't giving anyone time. The reps are being put on plans but the awful ABLs who make up stuff about their reps documenting nonsense about them however there is no way to report them. We don't get 360s to do on our managers we have no way to evaluate them at all.

The entire upper management are unethical. Talking about reps to other reps, trying to catch someone in a lie. It's completely awful. How about a totally anonymous survey asking the sales force to rate their ABLs ? Their regionals? If they did that maybe Alisha would be surprised at the responses.

If you are reading this Alisha please truly ask the sales force for their opinions on your leaders no one is happy with the treatment, the lack of pay (telling us one thing then pulling it back) etc. Richard R blames the sales force and no one takes responsibility themselves. Please Alisha allow the sales reps the ability to evaluate for once without retaliation.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AMEN!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing that you could change this thread to indicate Pfizer, GSK, Merck or any of the other big dinosaurs and it's all the same. Sales Reps are abused everywhere

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Add in surveys being sent to physicians asking "have you seen your rep" that probably never make it to the physician yet damage a career ... People fired over ADS forms ... If you want to get rid of people just downsize already ... Don't pull bullshit ... And to the poster that says same at every company you are 100 % correct ... It's pharma take the hit now in pay and leave .

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree. Plenty of big pharma mentality & bs to go around but nothing close to what we have here. To make it worse, you're hard-pressed to get out of here because people don't want NVS reps. Worst of the worst

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true, talk to your network. This company, at least CV, is an awful environment to be in. Great, seasoned, performing reps are leaving for less money just to get out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolute truth
    Add derm
    And ms