Insecure Mgr

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Oct 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in home office and now have a female loud mouth, controlling, bad-mouthing mgr. We are higher level and she is not liked at all constantly berating others behind their backs. I have worked with her over a year now and am at the end of my rope listening to her bad mouthing. I am actively looking for a job just to get away from this horrible person. She is extremely extremely insecure and always looks for compliments which no one gives her and for due reason. Should I even mention the animosity she is causing to everyone to a higher up who needs to know what is happening or will this mess up my career?

signed -

upset in TX

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you are going through!!! Have recently worked with the exact type of psychotic bitch you are talking about!! Take her down. Why do people put up with this crap? One asshole has to ruin in for everyone. Funny how you mentioned you are in inside. This is exactly the reason I never want to work "inside" Inside is like being stuck in an asylum all day. Did it for years! Its like being with your worst customer all day long. It becomes draining and depressing being around a sociopath all day. You cant concentrate on your work.
    Its awkward because you have to be tactful and play all the office politics bullshit but I would try and document everything she does and seriously build a case against her.
    Sorry to be negative but this really hit a nerve! Eventually this asshole I worked with got fired; I was seriously considering leaving I was so miserable and if you have to move on do it. No one should have to put up this on a daily basis. Life is too short

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NEVER quit because of a manager.

DO quit if you no longer want to work for the company or for more money or a better situation.

The reason is that the manager is not really up your ass in this industry. You only see them a few times a month, at tops.

So, just do your job. Dot the I's and cross the T's, and play politics.

If the manger is a dick, then they are a dick. You are not going to change that.

What you can do is grow up and be tough.

And yes, I have had at least 2 nutjobs in my career, and 1 threw me under the bus, costing me, my job during the downsized period because of a bad review, and this was after I was number one for 3 straight years and put lots of food on his table.

But, I have moved on. He is still and asshole. And life is what it is.

Just don't quit! Because you will encounter this eventually in all jobs. That is just the way it is. The better move is to grow up and deal with it, and be tough.

Good luck.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the original poster. You are ON KEY! I have already taken action after hearing from MANY of ther shit she has put people threw. You can't let this posion spread. I'll keep you tuned in as to what is happening. The higher ups will soon see the shit. Gonna get as hot in HQ as it is outside baby! Ha!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know someone who started copying the boss above the psycho boss on all correspondence and emails. It helps to have someone with power who is aware of the psychosis. Document everything. On any bad reviews, don't sign off and document why the review is not valid. It is usually the nutjobs who get ahead in this business lol what does that say?? Hopefully she self implodes.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Incompetent managers are often more the norm than the exception. Document everything and pay close attention to compliance discrepancies. Be patient, one infraction won't be enough to get a counterproductive, ineffective manager removed. You need several strong documented examples. Be sure to gain alignment with the majority of your district/area/region.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree! We are all victims of mean managers and are entitled to so much more!

I want my Mommy!!!! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here. Have done this and the BOSS knows stuff now that was not being told to him before. This bitch is insecure and a credit-seeker. It is unraveling. People also have ratted her out to HR as she is a toxin. KARMA is a bitch. Better to be nice and genuine not mean, rude , crass and an ass.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here I thought you were talking about my manager in Chicago. And I work for a different company, what a coincidence. I work for AZ in Onc.