I Used To Be Proud To Say I Worked at Alcon.

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by anonymous, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now when people ask me where I work, I lie and say Taco Bell.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the truth is, those people at Taco Bell and Burger King work a lot harder than you lazy SOBs. Especially you lazy salesforce. Best 11-2, drive around and do nothing job in America.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MY response is "Pre-Novartis Alcon"

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alcon was a great. I was proud to work here and recommend it to others. Novartis has killed that. Curious did Novartis's bonuses suffer for screwing us up?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

typical lethargic management. wishing for good old days. your cheese has moved. actually, your competitors kicked the cheese across the room. and you haven't really had to work too hard. so now it is a crisis. typical.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is a joke. Pharma is the laughing stock of every office. Lazy is the understatement. All the talent left the building and all that is here are seriously brainless robots and yes men.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are selling salt water for crying out loud. There will never be anything "proud" about working for a company that fleeces its customers and offers so little value.

Whenever I get a call from a recruiter for your company, I say NO immediately, and try to end the conversation quickly…because when the conversation is over, I can start laughing my ass off.

Enjoy your career!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another FWN thread that is obviously a member of the brain trust also known as CLC. We get it guys, you're pissed at your irrelevance and have taken over this forum to bitch about your career. You've been fun, we get that you need more, less angry chairs, that you should unionize (which you won't do) and that Dan B is a dickhead. Now please return to your shitty factory and let the skilled labor get back to discussing grown up stuff.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If there's an 11-2 territory please let me know because I'm interested!!.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

to reply to the original thread novartis is too
    politically correct for Alcon long term employees like our safety group that are scared to make love to wife's because they may fall off and get hurt we don't need their protection we have lasted 30 years or so without them so go to hell

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wait. What? Who's afraid? The Novartis safety group, or the Alcon safety group? #PunctuationMatters

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

your sales reps work 10-2. if you call driving around aimlessly, dropping in to piss off doctors because they are actually professionals with a schedule and patients to care for, and wrapping up early with a good workout at the gym and a few funny posts on FB. that is your sales force.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is insulting. Show respect for the ones working hard in the field to pay your "office job"

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Working hard? You obviously haven't had a real job in your career? Driving around and bugging doctors without appointment, or anything meaningful to share. Kinda like you are a celebrity. You know doctors hate that right? And that is what is happening everyday. Try working a full day for 5 days in a row.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How can we be proud when your RD is shorter than the child in the waiting room?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's crazy reading all of these comments and how mean people get. Is this what the threat of layoffs do to people? I get we are all uncertain of what will happen, heck I'm going through this with my wife's job also. Last time I checked we all work for the same company. If you don't like the situation, change it, otherwise bitching on a blog about how unhappy you are does nothing. And bad mouthing other peoples jobs just shows immaturity. The character of a person shows in stressful times. Wish things were different with Alcon but it's not. Either ride out the storm and see what happens or be proactive and find another job. Show some class guys!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He/she a shortly. Probably a kiss ass, too.