GSK will spilt!

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Mr Chow, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good post. Don't assume a purchase of pharma is for inversion reasons. Look at the billions being offered for Medivation. And Witty thought he got a great deal for oncology? Not quite.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Generic advair will cause billions of lost revenue. Take into factor the effect it will have on breo sales, copd sales, Generic Advair being used instead of breo being used for triple therapy with incruise, and getting reps into offices with no advair. Arnuity, incruise are not going to light the world on fire. Anoro can, but hasn't and breo which is a fantastic drug is about to be buried by generic. Nucula will get its piece and tanzuem isn't that great. So where does the lost advair dollars come from? Your talking about a potential free fall, are the new ceo and stock holders going to like that?

The break up part is a parachute for stock holders, to create a easy winning company, and not to get bought out. Pharma has a track record of buyouts. Don't kid yourself, AZ almost got bought out few years ago.

Gsk Pharma is the one who would be the loser. You have asthma, copd, nucula, and tanzuem who all call on the same offices and use Advair(not TZ) to get into offices. That's going away, how will reps get into offices at numbers that justify that many reps?? Same for the useless DMs, downsizing is logical to band aid fix Wall Street numbers. It won't be enoug though.

Too many investors want this company split.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What does this mean for Pharma Reps at GSK? Does a break-up mean that GSK Pharma division will be gone? does it mean that GSK will not longer exist? Does it man that Britain's second largest Pharmaceutical company will fall of the face of the earth? I predict that GSK will sell off consumer (no news flash there) . The new CEO will come on board and quickly begin to seek out merger opportunities. Possibly purchase smaller pharma companies. A new CEO will not come on to just break up a company and leave..AW could do that now. (The BOD could force him to do it). So for all you chicken littles out there..the sky is not necessarily falling. I know, I know, you have superior financial knowledge and background (that;s why your a rep in in the bum4uck Wisconsin) The only ones who have to worry for the time being are the displaced TSMs who will soon become reps. (We are laughing at you..welcome back! Cant wait. Looking forward to sharing a room with you at National meetings HA HA HA)!! My prediction is that we, as reps, will be fine for at least 12 more months. Then we will be a part of a merger and will be assimilated into a new culture (without a CIA) with new products, territories, and managers. And just so you jack-asses know...This is the Zigler! Time will prove me right. Ziggy out!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ziggler love the post. Why would the new Ceo take the Pharma side over consumer? I think this is what most are missing, it's almost a choice in this matter any sane person will choose Consumer.

I agree about 12 months give or take should be "safe".

Merger is best case scenario, not sure what small company is out there worth some advair dollars but being acquired is a real possibility due to the hit the financial and stock will take.

Just remember how "great" everyone territories are performing now with decent conditions it's only going to get worse.

5. Mr Chow

Mr Chow Guest

They cut reps in 2014, cut DMs in 2016, don't fill many territories. Everything is fine!!!

New ceo will have a great career at GSK Consumer! Pharma will be left like a bad date.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Remember what GSK is. A "research and manufacturer" of prescription medicines. Consumer health division has been getting a lot of heat..from our largest share holder. He wants that division divested. Have any of you $hitheads bothered to read the WSJ? Andrew did not want this to happen. He had a year to turn the ship around. He couldn't do it. So it was announced last month that he would retire next year. So the new CEO will come in and make changes. If any of you believe that GSK will sell only consumer goods, you are fooling yourself. Our medications in pharma, vaccines, and HIV generate billions...BILLIONS in revenue. (even with a loss of Advair) We are the 7th largest pharmaceutical company in the world and the largest in the UK. I'm with Zigler on this one. We will merge or purchase other assets. This will be done in part by selling our consumer division. The writing is on the wall..in bold and underscored! Might there be layoffs next year? Yes. But my money says that we merge with another company. Let's give it a year and see what happens.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Consumer side is just a safe company to form and run. It's a Pretty safe bet if one were to pick.

Yes Gsk makes billions but look what havoc the bad advair MC contracts caused in 2014 and we see results from that to this day. Good luck losing way more than a few payers.

Merge means equal, will Gsk be in a position of power to do that? What company is out there for Gsk to merge or buy??

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

we have no clue how to buy good assets

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's really out there though? I haven't seen many block busters recently and I'm not sure what company has a patent cliff coming up like we are.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We get a kick out of you millennial kids making under 100M trying to make decisions that well educated people are paid to make......and yes, they are smarter than you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These decisions are forced hands and reactions at best! Bye bye bye Gsk!!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK is the 7th largest pharma company in the world. It's the 135th largest corporation overall...golablly! Hard to believe I know, but it's true. GSK has billions, YES, billions in cash reserves. Many of you fools act as if GSK is the only pharma company facing poor product pipelines and managed care issues. Our issues are industry issues. So a merger of equals is totally feasible. It's called economies of scale folks. So for those who believe that consumer is the future of GSK, think again. Consumer is a steady cash cow of products. However the innovation stops once things go OTC. What does that mean? It means that while OTC Zantac et al makes millions (not billions) it's only a matter of time until other innovative products whose patent lives have expired will take market share from out current stable of consumer goods. Does that make sense? So, the only way for GSK to remain an R&D based pharmaceutical company is to develop its own pipeline, in-license other products, or buy/merge with another pharma organization. This will allow the company to have a future and for shareholders to make money now and in the future. Business baby! Just simple business. Question: What was the last pharma company to shut it's doors? Just sell it's products and lay off it's entire workforce? Please give me a name of one company. I am not to talking about selling a division i.e. GSK oncology (by the way, all of those employees are still working and never missed a paycheck), I am talking about just disappearing into the abyss. So, while GSK has seen better days, I highly doubt that the largest pharma company in the UK will just close shop. It's a crown jewel of Britain. "ellow mate, what say we sell our pharma and vaccines divisions and bugger off". (i know week attempt at a British accent. LOL). It aint gonna happen people. So, will more U.S. GSK employees loose their jobs next year? The answer is..maybe..maybe not. Don't be surprised if you see consumer sold to P&G and Tanzeum sold to a smaller to mid-sized pharma company. The profits from those sales will help to fund new opportunities in vaccines and pharma. The 135th largest company in the world will not just "go out of business". See ya latter chicken little!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When generic advair destroys any progress that was made by new meds I'll re read this thread.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have you heard of Astrazenca? The HUGE company Pfizer almost bought??????? Any fall in Pharma is room to be toast.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can close up shop if investors want what they want.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The idiocy displayed in this thread is astounding.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes post #34, Pfizer did almost buy AZ. But do you think that the entire AZ workforce would be decimated? I don't think so! Would layoffs have occurred if that buyout would have happened? Yes. But not everyone. And that;s really what people are worried about, No one cares if we become "Prize-Kline". No one cares if we are seeing a 3rd rate hemorrhoid cream. People just want to know if they have a job. That's it. So will some lose their jobs? Yes, absolutely. From C-suite execs down to janitors at the shipyard. But most will remain employed at what is currently GSK. For those who are unfortunate and do lose their jobs, they will find other employment...they WILL FIND EMPLOYMENT!! Others will choose to fade off into retirement and wonder why they held on so long. But 80% of severed employees will be just fine. The other 20% you ask? Those are typically the fools who thought pharma sales would afford them the life of the Kardashians. They bought things on credit and really never worked all that hard. Those people may have a little more difficulty. In any case, I am currently looking at the sky. It aint falling! Bring it C-Little!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My Gosh kid.......brevity is the key to professional writing ! Do you know the word " succinct " ? We lost our train of thought after two of your sentences.....glad you are not a public speaker.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My expert sleuthing skills indicate that Zigler is the #37 poster. Reasonable points made but it could have been done with far fewer words. Zigler is again in love with him/herself

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you under estimating the lack of need for the teams we are already starting to get rid of. Right now it's all hands on deck, but that's changing soon.