Exit interview

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 5, 2016 at 1:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because they never asked me when I left...

Odd interoffice political playing field to negotiate. Director had horrible communication skills and would ask how a project is coming he never mentioned nor assigned to me. He characterized a particular project a certain way and told me to manage it in that fashion then on the back end asked my why I chose to manage it that way (because you told me to?). Asked to co-manage a project with a peer which was asking for problems given one person needs to take responsibility, not two. She couldn't spell and would “correct” my work causing the VP to ask me why I “can’t spell.” She couldn’t pronounce molecule names or other medical terminology. Would use words like “ek-specially” and would repeatedly be reprimanded for being on her phone during meetings. She micro-managed a $100k project the vendor was supposed to perform in a fashion that could have been a $40k internally managed project. The vendor then proceeded to re-write the entire study in ways that reflected the actual objectives. She was one year new to the job and asked me what my background was and if I’d ever done that type of work when I’d not only done it for nine years but was offered her job but had turned it down (insulting). VP a micro-manager requiring make-work tasks to ensure we were reinforcing or “value add” when in too many cases we were simply slowing down the business side and incurring unnecessary costs. Endless revisions of powerpoint decks for petty cosmetic details; conclusions drawn beyond what the data was showing so as to sound more technical (puffery). Couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

Couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you wouldn't have been working with that little midget in medical affairs would you?

Talk about all fluff and no substance!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol no but I know who you are talking about