Dena Minning for Congress

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Medical Scientist, Nov 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Does anyone remember this person?

Can you provide any color on her medical and research claims ? They seem to be fabricated based on comments of the peers from her brief tenure at Amgen.

Thoughts ?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh you're probably just trying to do a republican hatchet job because you don't like Alan Grayson.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. I worked with her albeit in a different functional group.

She was ambitious. To the point of plotting career advancement over getting work done. Rumor was she left because they wouldn't promote her.

The claim she developed treatments for grave diseases is exaggerated at best. But politicians lie. That's what they do.

I'd not vote for her, but that's more about her disgusting political affiliation. Alan Grayson. What a piece of garbage he is. He's a classic scorched earth, Saul Alinsky, desciple.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Democrats are evil fascists. Grayson is proof of that. Nice preempt tho.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The "Doctor in the House" claims to have healed thousands of patients. it appears that the "Doctor in the House" has never held a Medical License and has no Board Certifications. The "Doctor in the House" did not finish a residency at UCSF. The "Doctor" is not certified to practice medicine...appears well qualified for politics....

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not really ! Just working for the people in the 9th District of Florida ! But we agree, Grayson is a tool...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also worked with her, also in a different functional group. She was indeed ambitious and considered her career above everything else, and her claim for developing treatments for grave disease is exaggerated (note she never claimed she developed a CURE for a grave disease). But this is not out of the ordinary. People in all walks of life look out for themselves and this sometimes gets the better of them - she wasn't the only person to have these traits. She was very knowledgeable, articulate, and quick on her feet. She was very insightful in identifying and focusing on the key issues, and precise in her recommendations. She was also known for being too impatient to do her homework, so if the discussion veered away from her knowledge base, she occasionally bluffed when cornered in discussions and blustered when called on it. It will be interesting to see, once the serious campaigning starts and issues are brought up, how she gets by the sound bite stage when pressed.

Assuming the previous poster's 'scorched earth' characterization of Grayson's approach is accurate, then I would say that she is similar. She cannot even conceive that someone with conflicting ideas and interests is acting with good intentions - in this she is polarizing and tends to snipe at someone's motivations rather than compromise to get things done. So if Florida's Ninth wants someone to climb on the barricade and wave that Battle Flag Of Freedom, she's you're candidate. If you want someone to write and sponsor legislation successfully, she obviously hasn't done that yet and still needs to develop the temperament to do so.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too had the opportunity to work with her. Your characterization of her bluffing and blustering is accurate. In addition, her career may be characterized as many false starts with much bravado and gusto, but lack of patience to complete a task, before jumping to the next big deal. She will give two years to Florida's Ninth before jumping onto something new and will damage the face of biotech in that time.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is she and why should we vote for her ? Appears to be a self serving narcistic MD without a medical license. She claims to cure many patients but is not board certified or licensed to practice medicine. Would you let your family be treated by a physician without a medical license ? Would you vote for a person making these claims ?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of people plan on voting for Donald Trump and he's the very archetype of a self serving narcissist. Go figure.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

or a democratic hatchet job...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From what I can gather, she claims to have treated patients while a resident. This is standard practice, since a resident is in training and thus is being supervised by a senior licensed physician. A resident can develop and execute treatment plan and the hospital staff will execute it without immediate prior review by the senior physician (of course, eventually it gets reviewed - it's just that a resident has significant clinical training and thus the senior physician will often trust that person to discuss the treatment with him/her beforehand and conduct the right treatments that were agreed upon). Anyone who has been treated at a University Hospital has been treated by a resident. Her campaign statements are thus exaggerated but not complete inaccurate.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the clarification. I believe that was 15 years ago and she did not complete her residency and has never held a medical license. In fact, today she cannot treat patients let alone cure any disease.

16. Mrs Grayson

Mrs Grayson Guest

From Orlando Political Observer:

"Dena Grayson remains elusive on the campaign. Since entering the race almost a year ago, she has yet to give a major media interview"

Hello fans stay tuned. for further updates....I am celebrating my marriage, for now...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is interesting that so little personal information is available for her. She is divorced, but we don't hear about that.