• Fri news: Iterum’s UTI drug. Edwards layoffs. Zenas BioPharma IPO. GSK’s Nucala hits COPD target. Pharma layoff stories. See more on our front page

Culture/Compensation

Applying for position in CA, what is the culture and was is the average base salary/ bonus opportunity? Vacation? Any insight appreciated.
Honestly it was my experience that the culture is very toxic. Back stabbing was encouraged and I worked for a manager who seemed to encourage infighting. The base salary is average, the bonus is very good and the vacation time is average. Just be cautious of your manager and regional director.

Honestly it was my experience that the culture is very toxic. Back stabbing was encouraged and I worked for a manager who seemed to encourage infighting. The base salary is average, the bonus is very good and the vacation time is average. Just be cautious of your manager and regional director.

This is spot on! Xifaxan is a great product and the money maker the rest of the products are basic me too products. Goals are ridiculous, culture is toxic and managers are only puppets of the RM.

If this is for an LA spot, the manager is great! She seems to be one of the managers I ALWAYS hear good things about. Her reps always say how enjoyable she is to work for. Now the West RD, he’s someone that seems to enjoy making people uncomfortable for fun. Real lackluster personality.

Worst company I have ever worked for! Endless spreadsheets, action plans, business plans and coaching plans. Management is terrible most of the time my DM would sleep in the car or hang out in the waiting room while I made calls. My RD called him a great leader. Silence when you make or exceed goals. You get the beat down or put on coaching plan if you don’t. There was actually a region conference call that the RD called out the lowest territory’s instead of recognizing top performers. I guess public shaming and abuse are how to get the best results right? Wish someone had told me to stay away! Just want to keep others from this toxic culture.

Worst company I have ever worked for! Endless spreadsheets, action plans, business plans and coaching plans. Management is terrible most of the time my DM would sleep in the car or hang out in the waiting room while I made calls. My RD called him a great leader. Silence when you make or exceed goals. You get the beat down or put on coaching plan if you don’t. There was actually a region conference call that the RD called out the lowest territory’s instead of recognizing top performers. I guess public shaming and abuse are how to get the best results right? Wish someone had told me to stay away! Just want to keep others from this toxic culture.

All true! Managers here are all yes-people with no backbone. Micro manage you to death. Only thing good here is the bonus, if you can get it! Otherwise anything less than 100%, you’re on a PIP.

Hey if you had 8 hours to chop a tree, I’d spend 6 of those hours sharpening my axe. Coyle-ism.

Also, for someone who loves the ‘No Finish Line’ slogan, its a shame that he’s never run a race in his life!

Hey if you had 8 hours to chop a tree, I’d spend 6 of those hours sharpening my axe. Coyle-ism.

Also, for someone who loves the ‘No Finish Line’ slogan, its a shame that he’s never run a race in his life!

JC may have run a race sometime in the distant past, but he has never run the race we run every single day. Ever.

All true! Managers here are all yes-people with no backbone. Micro manage you to death. Only thing good here is the bonus, if you can get it! Otherwise anything less than 100%, you’re on a PIP.

Worst sales leadership in the industry led by a guy who never stood face to face with a doctor in a product conversation. Salix is a laughing stock. We turn a profit in spite of our leadership not thanks to them.

If you like to spend hours writing stupid business and target plans only to have the comp plan change two thirds of the way through the quarter robbing you of any chance to make a decent bonus then Salix is definitely the place for you. If your idea of a great day is a breakfast program followed by a coffee break for thirty people followed by a lunch for 40 where 11 show up and the rest take food home for the week, followed by a snack program for 20 office workers in the late afternoon then Salix is for you. Do you enjoy chasing doctors and pharmacists down for hours on end to get a bowel prep prescription filled? If you do, Salix is just the place for you. Do you look forward to field rides with your manager and RD in the car for two days? Well step right up partner. Salix is right where you want to be. Do you appreciate a bi-polar abusive culture where your job is threatened on a regular basis? Welcome to Salix my friend. Your future is so bright we are going to give you a pair of our knock off Ray Ban sunglasses that we couldn’t sell in Europe.

Worst sales leadership in the industry led by a guy who never stood face to face with a doctor in a product conversation. Salix is a laughing stock. We turn a profit in spite of our leadership not thanks to them.

If you like to spend hours writing stupid business and target plans only to have the comp plan change two thirds of the way through the quarter robbing you of any chance to make a decent bonus then Salix is definitely the place for you. If your idea of a great day is a breakfast program followed by a coffee break for thirty people followed by a lunch for 40 where 11 show up and the rest take food home for the week, followed by a snack program for 20 office workers in the late afternoon then Salix is for you. Do you enjoy chasing doctors and pharmacists down for hours on end to get a bowel prep prescription filled? If you do, Salix is just the place for you. Do you look forward to field rides with your manager and RD in the car for two days? Well step right up partner. Salix is right where you want to be. Do you appreciate a bi-polar abusive culture where your job is threatened on a regular basis? Welcome to Salix my friend. Your future is so bright we are going to give you a pair of our knock off Ray Ban sunglasses that we couldn’t sell in Europe.

What describe is almost any pharma company.

This is sadly funny and true! I recently interviewed with another company and the gentleman pretty much made fun of me for working at Salix.