Company Car?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

is there a company car or stipend? If so what are car options? Thank you

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A really cool fully loaded Smart Car

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any options on rim sizes?
    Anyone know if the smart car will accept 20-22" wheels?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company car and it changes every year. 2016 has not been announced yet but 2015 were Subaru, Prius, Camry, and a few others. Pretty standard mid sized cars. Only have to pay tax on miles driven which is a GREAT deal if you don't drive a ton.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You get a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Ford Explorer. It gets replaced every 30,000 miles

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't believe this. Neither of them on the list and cars are replaced every 60k miles.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

B.S. The car is NOT free. The personal miles add up quickly. I pay quite a bit-more than I did at my other Company.

Car choices are super lame here.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Altima
    Passat
    Outback
    Malibu
    Regal

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then go out and buy your own car, make the payment, pay for gas and insurance. Stop complaining, it is a GREAT deal.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the 2016 choices are awesome!!! They are some of the best in the industry, plus very low cost to drive if you don't put on a ton of personal miles.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I completely agree. At my last company you got to choose between an Escape or Fusion and that was it. When I came here and saw 7 different selection options, I couldn't believe it. Plus, I have been here several years now and our out of pocket cost is MUCH lower than any other company where I have worked. We are only paying taxes on the personal miles driven, which is significantly lower than the $50-$100 a paycheck that most other companies charge. If you own another family car, you know how lucky we are to have this type of benefit. I drive a brand new company vehicle, with a $32,000 price tag and I only pay $600-$800 a year...that's a tremendous deal, if you ask me.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said. I agree.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then do what others do and just use it for work and buy a personal car for yourself. Problem solved.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please you stupid over paid reps. $800 dollars are year for a new car + insurance + gas is nothing!

We in R&D get shit you little whiney bitches!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe if you losers would actually research a d develop something you could get a car too, whiney little research and don't develop shit!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I disagree. They need more SUV's, and I pay quite a bit for personal use--probably $150 a month-more than my previous 2 companies.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think 3 SUV's on the 2016 selection is awesome. And you are complaining about spending $150 per month on a brand new car? Try making the payment, insurance and gas. We are VERY fortunate to have such a great benefit.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. I think I pay, at Amgen, close to $200 a month. It's not a free car at all. Yes, I'm happy to have it, but it's more costly than other Companies car plans.