Comp plan

Discussion in 'Atherotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And if you wonder why I was on your stupid board, my wife is interviewing for a job with HDL Labs and I was checking out what the competition has to say about you guys. It sounds like Atherotech is the laughing stock of the industry

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous poster is a douche. Your wife is interviewing at HDL and your researching on Cafe pharma? Good luck in that 1099 job. And by the way their reps work for Bluewave not HDL. Your actually saying a pharma robot marketing job is tougher than this? Pharma is not sales there buddy, yes your a douche now go away. Thanks for the laugh u big time pacemaker rep. Ur awesome!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laugh all you want, sounds like HDL reps laughing all the way to the bank. HDL, Bluewave, whatever, I really don't care who writes the check, it still cashes. The reason they are interviewing her is because current rep made $350K past year and can't keep up. Is that what Atherotech reps make?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey big boy...your wife must be as good at sales as you are since she needs your help to find the answers or as pharma rep.'s say...I was doing some research...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HDL laughing all the way to the bank..., but I don't think it will be that way for long. HDL has "promised" all of their providers that they will NEVER send a patient a bill. Word has it that some insurance companies are now sending the payments to the patients, giving them the responsibility of sending it to HDL. Does this bring back memories for anyone? Being out of network and chasing down checks from the patients? At least we never made that promise to docs....but what will HDL do to collect those checks? I think they'll have to send the bill to the patient. But wait, they promised their docs they wouldn't do that?
    Me thinks its time to watch some back stroking in action....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen Jr!! I doubt you got an offer for $125 base in device u troll! Thats all Jr, no need to elaborate on this one.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run away! The comp plan makes no sense and they can't interface with anyone. It's a frustrating. Same guys in management that ran the company in the ground. Repeat is impending!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Atherotech is a disaster area starting from the top all the way down. If you are successful you are punished with a high baseline for the next year. It's a plan that doesn't make good business sense and as a result Atherotech keeps going bankrupt and getting new capital venture guys to bail them out. I worked there and bailed - if you have a brain you will stay away - and the management drinks a lot. HDL is a much better deal - business model is at least successful and the reps are making money.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm... That sounds like most sales jobs, and almost all pharma jobs. You have a really great year, and flip flop the next if you can't exceed your crazy baseline. At least at Atherotech they listen to the reps and re-evaluate the plan if people are getting screwed. That's a lot more than I can say for the majority of the companies out there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re-evaluate the comp plan? You must be thinking of another company. Run Away from Atherotech.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So share with me your thoughts on the company now. A lot of these posts are old.
    so what is average base pay, and bonus structure? I heard you get paid for 2 years. posts on this say 1 year.
    Also, what about the management? how involved are they in your daily activities? How many reps are successful and get promoted? what are your day to day activities like?
    what is a typical day? and what about the total comp package? 401k, benefits, company car?
    I have a job, but also have an interview with atherotech. I thought it sounded like a great opportunity, but this makes me question.
    What is training like? there are alot of comments anbout vanderwink, how involved is he?
    are you all happy there? is if fun environment? teamwork?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to know the same. Anybody care to chime in?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From someone who has more than 20 years of experience selling drugs, devices, lab, and having district and regional management experience - if you are seriously asking these questions - then the job is not for you! You will not be at the top of the heap here or anywhere else. Period.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking from personal experience, I love my job at Atherotech despite some of the complaints/issues that that we all may have. However, this job is definitely not for everybody. If you don't have the drive to get out there and work hard and independently to get the business, then you will not survive. It is also not the right job for you if you aren't prepared to deal with roadblocks, customer service, changing situations, and juggling multiple things at once. Unlike a lot of pharma jobs (and yes, I came from over 10 successful years in pharma), in this job you have to know your stuff, use your brain, think outside the box, and own your own business. If you're looking for a job that will provide little work with a lot of reward, look elsewhere. I'm not saying that because I think what we do makes us better than anyone else, I'm saying it because I know if someone takes this job thinking it will be a cakewalk that they will be miserable and they will not be successful.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the issue that keeps getting lost here is that Atherotech has very poor management. the VP RV doesn't care about you. In fact, he will let you find accounts and grow them, then take them himself as "house accounts", claiming that the big labs can't grow more. you actually have to compete against your own product, as the big labs like labcorp offer the Vap for much less, but you don't get credit if Vaps go thru them. The model is a joke. There are only two companies to work for in lab sales right now...HDL and Boston. Stay away from Atherotech. Take it from someone who has seen both sides.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a kiss ass

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like the original poster said - this job's not for everyone. Obviously...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

most accurate post I've ever seen on this board

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever is deleting posts and threads on this board get a life. Big Brother lives.

I guess that the truth cannot be told.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

VAP is cheaper through LabCorp? I must have missed the memo when people I know got their $200 bill from LabCorp...