Ceftaroline

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens if Pfizer buys AstraZeneca? AZ has the rights to ceftaroline outside the US.
    Would Pfizer have a conflict with its promotion of Tygecil/Zyvox and give chance to Actavis
    to buy back or proceed with attempt to buyout franchise? Tygecil has hit a wall and Zyvox goes
    generic early 2015. Pfizer could stay in ABX market w/Teflaro and CazAvi outside US. Be
    interesting to see how it plays out in coming months. Pfizer has deadline of May 26th to
    put up or shut up to buy AZ.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1st off. We have exclusive rights to Teflaro. Any buyout by Pfizer would void contract. We would get it back.
    Plus, Actavis has worldwide coverage. No way they would let it go.
    Besides, Teflaro brought in $18 million last Qtr. Thats almost better than
    Savella.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer doesn't want anything to do with antibiotics anymore. Tygacil isn't promoted and Zyvox is about to go generic. Their moribund hospital force is out hucking heart pills now to cardiologists or something.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teflaro doesn't even sell enough to cover its own expenses. Anyone saying its "profitable" is full of it.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Show your ignorance much? Do you even know how to begin to calculate profitability on this brand? At $18m per quarter Teflaro is already ahead of budget; a budget that when met not only assures break even status but profit. So in fact Teflaro; and IS 1 is already ahead of the curve.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. 18 million a quarter doesn't even cover sales and marketing costs. Now factor in production costs, liability costs, taxes, administrative overhead, etc. etc and guess at how "profitable" this drug is.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually it has done quite well you should actually read the earnings statement.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doing well? Still annualizing at under $75mm/yr over 40 months post launch. I'm not sure that's doing well. Especially since the product price has increased 55% since launch. So the growth is slow and it's being driven by price increases.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anything looks good when you have low expectations, just ask Len ... about hiring Quinn. The pedigree looks good but in real life it never lives up to its expectations.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quinn is leading the way in sales! His team has rallied behind him!! They are all blown away by his confidence and leadership abilities. His anti-infective knowledge rivals any ID trained at an academic institution.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that was the funniest Quinn bashing post I've ever read. Quinn the man, the myth, the legend continues on......lol nice job

To all who don't know Quinn, the guy looks likes he scared of his own shadow when walking down the hallways of the hospital, it's like he's a little boy trying not to get caught doing something wrong. We will not baby sit you Quinn! F-off and stop the ridiculous ride alongs. You are no help to me only a hindrance to the revenue that I am trying to generate for this company. Stop dinging me on the COPD line call! Selling a chronic med in an acute care setting is moronic.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nailed it! Don't leave him with one of your IDs...no telling what nonsense is going to come out of his mouth. Endless ride alongs; endless call-in's. What more is there to say??? Don't even get me started on the COPD business. He is just wrong for hospital. Wrong on all levels.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer would not want any drug that sells less than $100 million. Telfaro is a loser.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh so what Pfizer would do is the benchmark of success? You need a new yardstick- 18 miserable years at that sweatshop. You think Forest is a joke? I'll take this place or Actavis any day over the big houses. At least I catch glimmers of common sense here: there you are simply a number.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a debate about which company is best. It is a string of observations that points out the people who think Teflaro is successful with its $72mm in annualized sales half way through Year 4 of launch are delusional. Especially when one considers that about 40% of that $72mm is due to price increases, not increases in demand.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Cubicin wasn't doing $700mm in annual sales then I'd disagree with you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cubicin is doing 1.2 billion. Teflaro 72 million. End of story.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1.2 Billion worldwide.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But in most cases it costs upwards of $750 a day or more for Cubicin, and it's used heavily in outpatient situations (where their reps actually get credit unlike ours).

It's been out since 2005, so 5 years longer than Teflaro. You need to compare the DOT inpatient data vs dollars.

I know in my area I've now surpassed their market share for inpatient.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DING DING for you! why don't you pat yourself on your back one more time and then go call someone who cares!