BOOM - The Layoffs of 2015 have begun - Post Here

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by anonymous, Oct 1, 2015 at 2:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whoever has the verbal offer. Are you planning to wait to get package from DSI or are you just quiting ASAP?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alright, Im an "older gal" who's been around the block and back a few times with this dreadful POS company. Been here for a mighty long time. Here's a few of my thoughts/feelings/emotions as I sit here and ponder our futures:

1. I'm done. I don't need to work anymore. Got my 401K, Got our investments. Debt free. Kids grown and "off the payroll". My husband owns his own business and makes way more than I ever did pushing pills (and I know he could use a part-time flunky to help around the office now). Still, it stinks to think that these worthless, no good, lying, deceitful bastards get the last word. So sick of these people. DM's, RD's, ABD's, RL and KK. They are all phonies. Outside of Lie-Sicko, and Walking Dead-Brain, no one knew the time nor the hour regarding today's announcement. And not one of these DM's can hold your "hands to the fire" from now on. Whether terminations (and new sales force structure) take effect at Dec. 31, or March 31 (my guess is March 31 for several reasons), I dare any DM to question our calls, sample call ratio, sales numbers, etc. As of 3:13 this afternoon, I have made my last sales call for DSI. This pitiful company is sending us off with a 6 month vacation and a nice severance package. Very true what an earlier poster noted: severance package cannot be amended. I hate this expression: "it is what it is"; but in this case, it's fitting, cause our severance package "is what it is" and these dirty dogs cannot take it away.

2. As for all of the "kook-aide" gulpers (Reps, DM's, RD's, ABD's, etc.)...kiss my arse you bunch of no good dirty dogs. Most females don't talk like I do, but I'm venting and it aint gonna be pretty boys and girls. So go get your resumes ready and be prepared to start anew in this rotten, disgusting industry, or if you're really smart and adventurous, outside of this disastrous industry. This company has been full of these types and it's pleasing to know that all their arse licking will get them nowhere.

We will win...right!!! Shove all your singing, dancing, fist pumping, standing on chairs and whooping and hollering right where the sun don't shine MF'ers!!!

3. Ever hit the "ALT/CONTROL/DELETE" buttons on your computer to wipe out a dead, frozen screen in order to re-boot and start fresh? That's what's happening folks. Forget about "how many reps will be in each footprint". Once these fools announce the new sales force structure, it will no longer be about partners, footprints, etc. Territories will get much larger, call points will change, product mix will be completely different while anticipation grows for the launch of the "new and exciting DSI pipeline of patient centered therapies" (baaahaaahaaa).

4. Another trend that I have seen over the past 4, 5, 6 years with DSI and DSI management is a total disrespect for MD's. These people think they know more than doctors. Has any one of these dimwits been through 4 years of strenuous undergrad programs followed by 4 more years of the intensity of medical school, followed by OJT with 3 to 8 years of residency and fellowships? No they have not. Not a one of them. I'm really sick and tired of the mindset that we, mere sales reps with most having nothing more than a meaningless BS degree in a business curriculum, are to "hold our doctors accountable". That one really irks the heck out of me. Let me ask any one of our ABD's one question: do you want your personal MD to Rx a medication for you on the recommendation/sales pitch of a pharma sales rep? I for one, do not.

What a joke!!!!

5. Speaking of pipeline...now that's a joke.

CL108 should never be approved by a "new FDA" charged with keeping drug costs under control. 3 generics/OTC's in 1 "new" pain pill...give me a break.

Quizartinib has a shot for approval. Phase 2 numbers were impressive. And by the way, this molecule was not developed by the geniuses at DSI...we acquired the company who developed the drug (Ambit).

"Lyrica like pain med" not until 2017 at best with no guarantee for approval. Don't bank on this one if you're one of the unlucky ones who successfully interview for a job with the "new DSI".

Current product mix is a total failure and laughable even by this industry's standards.

And the biggest slap in the face to the medical community is the new price tag for Welchol...$518 for a 30 day supply (180 pills). Now that's a crime.

I could go on and on and on, but that's enough. I'm tired and ready to have a glass of wine and laugh at the total incompetence of this company and it's management. Take this thought to your pillow tonight and take comfort in knowing that, outside of Lie-Sicko and Dead-Brain KK, none of these people knew what was coming. They are just as shocked (sorry, bad choice of words there...no one should be shocked that MV DSI has now rolled over onto her side and is taking on water and the may-day call will not be answered), angry, puzzled, and confused as you are. The once "high and mighty", "here's how good looks", "all knowing" sales management team is in the same row boat as all of us.

That gives me some peace of mind.

Good luck to all. There is life after DSI, and as well, life after pharma. All of you are talented people who will find your way. My advise is to tighten your belts, re-evaluate your priorities in life and make adjustments accordingly. I have always found this to be true in my life and my working career...one door closes and another opens. Always has; always will. Hang in there folks and enjoy your 6 month vacation.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brilliant

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The most brilliant, sincere, and true post I've ever read of these boards. Absolute brilliance!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love you, poster #22! Spot on...good show! Good luck to you, too. Good luck to all of us.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck #22 - thanks for the encouragement and the information. DSI is my first Pharma job and I'm terrified right now.....

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

looked at severance on intranet. 5-6 years gets 10 weeks. 6-7 years gets 12 weeks etc. Anyone know if this includes the 60 days of WARN. 2 or 3 months does not seem like enough severance for 7 + years of service.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the over and under of fake calls being logged going forward?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got one better go out and tell our docs to write competitive products so Rob and Ken get a taste of unemployment

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Really r*****! Come on man, it's simple math, DSI isn't driving profit. If your that good, you should have sold more DSI product. Loser!!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey hey special K generic combo will save the day???? No fucking way, you are gay to think about wanting to stay.

Yeah stick around and let us know how that works out Koolaide boy. Or you are a chick fucking our Vp. Yeah simple math is this palce is hitting rock bottom.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, just letting you know that you're a r*****. Your post sucks. I wasn't entertained.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got message from DM tonight! Written on the way! Sales reps don't get voluntary package- see second message from RL....
    I've sent my DM a few messages this week and he does not respond... My partner is his favorite in district ... So nope ... I may stay for a bit but not through December!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So my DM wants a ride with next week... I guess she needs to get in another FCR to rank down ?
    Tomorrow's lunch - cancelled!!! Young and the Restless in my PJs? Oh... YEAH!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To Poster #26..."first pharma job and terrified right now", this is poster #20.

I read your reply to my earlier post and you broke my heart. As a mother of 4 grown children, my motherly instinct is to give you a hug and tell you that "life goes on". Regardless of what happened today, or what will happen come Dec. 31 or March 31, 2016, the sun will surely come up in the morning.

Here are some things to consider:

1. Evaluate your situation and plan/make lifestyle adjustments accordingly.

2. If you need to work, update your resume tomorrow morning. I can only tell you what I would do if I were younger with many working years in front of me...my priority beginning tomorrow morning would be ME and my FAMILY. It would not be, DSI, a lunch, a Movantik call. I would dot the i's and cross the t's and keep my nose clean for the moment, while getting my fiscal and personal house in order...on DSI's nickel for the time being. And don't worry about what your DM may say or think. He/she is irrelevant now.

3. Network...beginning tomorrow morning. Both within pharma and elsewhere. Medical/pharma sales is still a good profession to be in, provided you have moral, ethical leadership who understand their role in the healthcare industry. We are not healthcare "professionals" as some with DSI would say. We are a support system for the TRUE Healthcare professionals, those men and women who treat, cure, research, and touch patients' lives. It is our industry who brings treatment options to Healthcare Professionals so that they can make sound choices as to the best therapies for THEIR patients. It is our job to help them in this process, while at the same time helping our company make a profit so long as we do so in an ethical manner (unfortunately, not the past history of DSI).

I really feel for young people today, my own kids included. Life is tough, and very expensive. A family cell phone plan can cost in the neighborhood of $200/mo. Internet, cable/satellite TV, satellite radio, data plans, etc. cost a small fortune. When I got married my husband and I paid less than $10/mo. for our home telephone. And TV was free, though we only had 4 channels (in truth the other 280+ are mostly worthless anyway!!). This on top of the cost of providing an education for your kids. I would be discouraged too.

But don't be. The sun will come up tomorrow. You know that saying: "been there; done that"? Well, it applies here. I've been in your shoes and I know what it's like to be scared of an uncertain future. I pray that you have someone in your life to lean on. Don't try to go through this alone. Use your spouse, your parent(s), a trusted and respected friend/mentor. There are many good, honest, trustworthy, DSI employees/friends who I hope you can confide in as well. If you're feeling alone and scared as to what your future holds for you, lean on someone you can trust. I know another "door will open" for you. Always does. Hang in there.

And I have found it always helps to say a few prayers.

Best of luck to all. The whole of DSI will be in my prayers tonight. Even those who we may not feel much love for.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I like you're style poster #33.

Tell that DM to "shove to". Better yet, just say you have a tummy ache and can't get out of bed. Have a great Friday!!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol- I am up late reading these post, drinking some wine... Ahhhh
    . I think I will tell my DM I have lice.... Big outbreak at the kids school.... I will put RID X spray in the car and tell her I just saw a bug crawling down my sleeve.... I will need to stop at The pharmacy and pick up some shampoo and a nit comb...? And then we can make a pharmacy call while we are there! Hey I did have "mult-tasking" and ability to deliver "high impact" sales presentations" on my resume..... May as well go out with a bang...... !!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could not have said it any better!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So now there will be panic within the management ranks. There will be conference calls galore instructing all the DM's on exactly what to say to the sales force. They know that you will be working minimally now. So they will tell you that performance counts now more than ever. Management wants to keep you working hard until the axe falls so they milk every last dollar out of you for their own benefit. Get your act together and use this time to your advantage. Use them to your benefit. Best of luck.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the severance package info on the intranet? Also, little dick KK said there is a link to FAQ's on the intranet- Does anyone know where to find this link?