AZ pension

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, I'll hopefully not get too many negative comments.just trying to understand something here...if you worked for AZ like 25 years, from let's say 2000-2025, we would obviously have 401k, but the extra that's put in az pension, where monthly/biweekly contributions made on our behalf....this is NOT like "work for 25 years and you get a monthly pension" thing....isn't it more like if you have 150k contributed after 25 years(separate from 401k), that's it? Meaning your "pension" is $150,000, which wouldn't last like 3 years or so?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pretty much

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got it!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. That money is all yours when you leave.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not really a dedicated pension like the original Zeneca legacy. The legacy Zeneca people can sail off into the sunset and never have to worry about finances provided they invest wisely.
    I know many who retired multi millionaires and living life large.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are so wrong!! I'm retired Zeneca Legacy a couple years ago, and no way it was close to millions. 20 years in... Starting with Zeneca. Small pension.. Alittle bigger Retirement savings.. Biggest is My 401K. Previous 13 year career in sales and my pension there doubled AZ's.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey, you can make that $150k last a really long time. Have you ever seen that show Extreme Cheapskates? Some really good money saving ideas on there. Disposable toilet paper is totally overrated anyway.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How much is the pension per year? 30k?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ pension is $8000.00 per year... From the Zeneca pension.... What a joke! And I guess that's a bonus compared to the folks that started with AZ

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn, I should have listened to my uncle Vito and got a job at the state prison.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

retired DM here....Stuart, ICI, Zeneca, AZ. Retired years ago seven figures before the decimal point. Yes we did very very very well. I'm sorry to hear this benefit has gone by the wayside.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seven figures refers to your retirement savings. What is your yearly pension plans income?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took the lump sum. Don't remember what the exact pension number was.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow congrats. That is a great success. Nowadays it takes years of diligent savings just to retire with dignity. Pensions are unfortunately only available to public employees.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AZ can always change the pension program. Or layoff legacy reps to lower costs.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As long as they buy them out if they are close (~2 years) to qualifying. These people have given many years and for you newbies to come in and say F' off to the tenured...you can lick my poon. Just remember karma is a bitch.