AZ after 65 medical ins. has a $25K what

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Feb 12, 2017 at 4:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't get this, would someone explain this to me, in simple terms. Is it good or bad?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing AZ does is ever to our benefit. Where the fuck have you been?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure but I think Once you hit 55 with at least 10 years of service you are eligible for insurance full. ONce you are eligible for medicare.. the 25K is allowed to go towards other medical cost.. your part B etc...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and you an't have a supplement UNTIL the 25K is gone!!!!!! If they catch you with a supplement before the 25K is gone (you being covered under Medicare) , and your spouse is covered under the retiree plan, they will DROP her!! Call Mercer to verify. It's insane!!!!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you really surprised by any of this? Come on people, AZ doesn't care about its current employees, so you think they care about their retirees? They have had a long term strategy of eliminating well tenured employees who qualify for the legacy pensions for years now. It has been done under the cover of their legal department to avoid discrimination lawsuits hiding out in the gutter world of grey area by phasing in these cuts over time.
    But make no mistake, it is in their strategic plan for reducing costs. This is what you do when your leadership punts on 3rd down because they know they are not capable of turning this ship around.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and they charge the 25k full price for az meds making the benefit go very fast

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes and once our drugs go generic, AZ no longer honors the free branded meds. Just accept that if you are close to retiring that they will care even less about you than they do now. If you qualify for a pension then take the buyout in cash. You want to remove yourselves as far from AZ as possible and forget trying to get anyone in benefits to help you.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then the $25K is for both you and your spouse? We are pretty healthy maybe it will last 3-4years?
    Getting old sucks

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AMAZINGLY, this is true! If you get caught with a supplement, your spouse if they are still on the plan, will be kicked off! Read the details of the $25K benefit. It's horrible!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don'[t think that's correct. My understanding is that once you are on Medicare and Medicare Part B, AZ pays the Supplemental plan. The 25K clock starts running at that point. Once the 25K is gone, then you are on your own. You will probably be able to find a plan that is much better and less expensive anyway, which raises that questions of why you would want AZ's supplemental coverage to begin with. If you are relatively healthy it should take a while to burn through the 25K. Its not as straightforward as you might think. Hopefully the health care nightmare will straighten itself out soon.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

once you hit medicare age AZ insurance becomes secondary.

I left early. I know many who hung around due to the medical coverage. What they didn't realize was that the longer they worked the less coverage time was left.

And at the rate that AZ is dropping drugs, there are few left that you get free.

A friend who also left, but without the required time for full medical was able to purchase the same coverage as me, for the same price.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The 25K applies only to drug coverage.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is absolutely correct, unfortunately. I know it's hard to believe, but all you have to do is look it up on myazbenefits.com

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is absolutely correct, unfortunately. I know it's hard to believe, but all you have to do is look it up on myazbenefits.com

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. Newsflash AZ doesn't give a shit about its current employees so how much do think they care about their retirees? Come on people and get real. I work in this cesspool everyday and see and hear how this all plays out. The lawyers, finance dept. and consultants have been running this place for a long time.
    Nobody wipes their ass here without asking which hand to use.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn, y'all are old AF.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Damn I'll blow y'all in a minute like old guys.