Average comission for a DME/02 Sale Rep. In Lancaster, Ca.

Discussion in 'Oxygen Reps' started by anonymous, Jul 30, 2015 at 7:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Commission rates paid on DME and OXYGEN

Poll closed Mar 1, 2016.
  1. $50-100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $25-75

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been in the DME/Oxygen Sales industry for about the past 15 years (15 years include the last 6 years in which I did not work inorder to stay have my last two babies.) I came back on the scene about 8 mos. ago and WOW, have things changed or what?!? My fear is the "or what" part may be a bit more likely in my case, concerning my commission. I'm curious if there's anyone out there right now that knows what is typically commissionable these days, (related to oxygen and DME sales) and what the current, and average commission would be. I've worked for PPS, LINCARE, A.C.I, MOBILITYWERKS, and ROTECH, and again I know things have changed, as the pay outs aren't nearly what they use to be, how could they be!? I started my career with PPS (way back when they were still called Med-mart) and the oxygen comissions were paid out at $200 per! Wow! Now I'm not completely ignorant in thinking they would have remained especially after seeing all the recent cuts and Medicares crazy idea for coming up with this whole CBT thing... It's honestly the worst thing for pt. Care. My territory is terrible anyways, but get Medicare involved and a blindfolded rep who chose territory with a quarter toss game and it's really terrible! I can service a pt. Living 65 miles from me per CBT, but not a pt. living less than ten mins. from me in a bordering town. It's ridiculous, but enough of that!I apologize for getting off
    track. Bottom line is this... I need to know the standard, average, and monthly paid commissionable DME and oxygen sales prices. I have a feeling I'm being taken advantage of... And would like to have some more solidity before bringing it up to my boss. So, thanks so much in advance, I am dieing to know...

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who do you work for now and why do you feel you are being taken advantage of? Perhaps you are you really in Clearwater making an attempt to find out what the competition is paying. We can not afford another pay cut,

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I'm not in Clearwater, I'm in California actually and I work for a company that is not nation wide and has only one location. I am also the only sales rep. Which of why I didn't use the name of the company, and do still wish not to. I'm sorry you feel that way or that I would have been did honest in anyway... I'm just curious is all, I don't believe I'm making enough and just wanted numbers before approaching my boss. Thank you anyways!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You should be making at least 6 figures. If not you need to look in the mirror because you either lack ambition, the skill set, and the right personality to work in the industry.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do not make di

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do not make six figures, actually I don't know many that do in my area. I am not all all the the person you've indicated I must be, nor do I carry a single trait as you have also indicated I must. Though I value the opinions of others, as well as am I interested in getting answers to the question I asked (which is why I posted), I would much rather read answers that had some type of experience and real knowledge behind them, and maybe even some common sense. Common sense says not all territory's are the same, and where I am currently from, the derma graphics are not that of a six figure sales and marketing rep. I would have to assume that you are not from my area, nor are you very educated or familiar with or on the "average pay scales" in the Antelope Valley, because if you were, your assumption that I must be an individual lacking in several areas or my pay scale would be much larger than it is would be much more offensive than it was. I would highly recommend before offending another individual that you research the topic before publicly announcing your ignorant conclusion. I apologize but ignorance is not always bliss honey, and the average salary for the sales position being discussed is about 30,000, with paid 02 commissions at about 100.00. With more than 5 companies (several more if I included the HMO contracted providers) in a very very small territory, the six figures you've stated I should be making or I must be (see message above for exact words used) is not likely, nor is it the "average" for most of us. So thank you for your input, but I think you should probably stick to answering questions only in fields what you know, with questions you are certain of the answers, and if open for advice I would suggest you make sure and be certain all of your facts are true and accurate prior to publicly answering any question. Publicly degrading the intellect of an individual is probably not in your best interest especially when that individual is myself or anything like myself. Because unfortunately for you, you have proven your lack of experience and l intelligence, as well you have projected a level of confidence that is not warranted in the least. But thank you for your response and attention to my question. My mother has always said, "honey, it takes all kinda of people to make the world go around." Continue being you, this world needs as much ignorance as it does need intelligence! Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
    This highly motivated, educated, and experienced sales and marketing rep from Lancaster, Ca.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you can't make 6 figures in medical sales why don't you stick to something easier like furniture or car sales? Or even cell phones?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unlike most, I love what I do, and would do nothing else. That's why not!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You love taking advantage of elderly? Pushing the most expensive therapy or easiest to bill to make more commission? You enjoy scamming Medicare? Ok have at it