Attune Tibia issue

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, Dec 12, 2015 at 1:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

former depuy rep here.. I was around before the attune launch and the years after full push for sigma to attune conversions. Initially almost every surgeon had fantastic feedback, than 18 months out it happened. Even the most meticulous surgeons who actually gave a shit about outcomes were noticing tibias jumping out with no fixation. The joint recon cowboys that did 8 cases a day chalked it up to an acceptable outcome, but the artists that did 1-2 a day and cared were in disbelief. I witnessed firsthand that we were told to blame their cement technique, than switch from our cement to pala and change up viscosity... This was all done to buy time to secure deals for jumping ship and bringing as much business as possible... From the get go it was known what the problem was... Nail in the coffin was the song and dance trips to warsaw for facility tours, it was openly talked about in joking terms by the local pencil pushers and engineers regarding the eventually recall and lawsuit. Worst secret ever.

Don't let anyone fool you, this was strategized and calculated before the system was rolled out. This is just an acceptable risk they decided they could take. It will only get worse.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I smell a whistleblower...go get some money and teach those A-holes a lesson. Those who feel it’s OK to ruin patients’ lives with faulty products all in the name of profits.

Dolores dowling likes this.
  3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone used the Attune issue to get out of their non compete?

4. BenZ

BenZ New Member

Is anyone seeing any failures with RP articular surfaces? Several Attune surgeons in my territory use RP almost exclusively and are saying these issues are BS!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No rp loosening, just fixed bearing. Rp is the way to go.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Of the 12 or so I've seen come out, about half way rpps.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have seen a lot of RP attuned jump out of the tibia with not a drop of cement.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just look at the MAUDE database. Plenty of RPs - I’d say at least as many as represent the share of RPs in Attune sales. Amazed people still use RP for primary when not a registry on the planet has shown they are even as good. Revision is a different deal though.

9. anonymous2

anonymous2 Guest

Yup I jest checked there is just as much RP as fixed. I say there is 80% PS tho but I can't see that on the Muade.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

two more came out today, bare as a baby’s ass. The Depuy rep for the account didn’t even bother to stop by the room. Guess he didn’t feel like doing any paperwork today.

Ya’ll are doing a disservice to your customers and their patients with this bullshit.

Dolores dowling likes this.
  11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

at least this has slowed down..

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really hasn’t slowed down. Look at any month on MAUDE in the last year. I guess S+ is just taking a while to get through the system. It is definitely a better implant though. I do think we will ride this one out.

13. Dolores dowling

Dolores dowling new user

Victims need whistleblower s even with the ASR etc.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pretty damning poster at AAOS demonstrating 0% cement on tibial tray retrievals, compared to Sigma trays at 20 to 30 percent. No pocket. Ouch

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New tray has pockets so not a big deal.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great...now there are pockets! But, we’re not saying there was an issue with the first iteration. Glad we had those 600,000 patients to be our guinea pigs, though. Thank you and good luck. Oh, and when you need a revision, we’ll be happy to sell that to you also. See, it’s a win-win for everyone. What a great company!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

By this logic I guess they should recall Accolade tmzf, V40 tapers, tritanium cups, a large portion of persona knees, comprehensive reverse shoulders, HV cement, etc. all of those have have similar negative issues/articles on some scale.

What the survivorship of the original tray? What’s the survivorships of S+ tray. If you don’t know those answers how can you say the is a problem

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. All of the above, except HV cement, and persona knees...haven’t seen much written on those. The damning articles on cement and technique is propaganda spread by JJ so they can deflect from the crappy trays of Attune. Seen this same thing happen over and over with DePuy. It’s a mystery why any doc uses them after being burned several times.