Attention all sales reps and curious bystanders

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Attention all sales reps and curious bystanders

From a casual observer, it looks fairly obvious that Vivus management has decided to take a different direction with its business plan. Based on comments from Seth Fischer at the recent JP Morgan Healthcare conference and the increase in resignations from sales reps, it is clear to me that Vivus wants to reduce the number of reps in the field, focus on expanding coverage in the U.S., and prepare for the expensive post-approval requirements for a single CVOT that supports EU registration.

So where does this put the sales reps?
    1) Unfortunately, Vivus is not flush with cash. Since the prescription growth has been modest, I think Vivus has realized that they are not ready to manage a sales team and they do not have the corporate infrastructure for Qsymia to be successful. Therefore, Vivus is going to focus on doctors who are prescribing Qsymia and Vivus will no longer attempt to convert doctors into script writers. Therefore it is my estimation that the sales force will be reduced to a fraction of what it is today.

No question that this is a major disappointment given the high expectations for Qsymia. I expect there to be a relaunch of Qsymia once and IF the drug receives EU approval. If that were to happen than Qsymia could work out a licensing deal with a big pharma company or possibly be acquired.

Good luck to all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank-you to whomever sent an honest message. We are being forced to not ask questions and not discuss any issues or problems with team members or doctors. Lots of threats and retaliations coming from both PDI managers and Vivus managers alike. Let the beatings begin!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow. hate hate hate all this hate. I guess you have never had issues in any company you have worked for? From what I know Vivus is a start up and trying hard develop a market and grow a brand. I looked into the comments you quoted. NOT SO FAST - Vivus is filling every open territory, going forward with the cvot and yes going for approval in the EU. Far from dumping reps and if you feel like you are being forced not to ask questions then go to the next level. rsd or nsd. if you don't get answers go to the next level of pdi. I know a bunch of the senior mgt there and they want to make this work. I doubt they would be happy to hear you can't ask questions. stop crying about things you have not even asked about.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay Mr.Vivus Management. I have tried to go higher and had the brakes put on me and then backed over 2 times. My attorney says for now to stop asking questions.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get a new attorney and grow up.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seriously. please stop crying. if you cant ask questions to pdi or your dm then put them here and let someone ask for you. what are you 12? at least be grown up enough to say who is telling you to not ask or telling you to keep quiet and what there is so important that you have to stay quiet about.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW! You sound very angry vivus man. It seems the poster already stated they asked and were reprimanded and was told to be quiet. Why do you have to belittle and put down a rep who had questions. Maybe when you have your next crappy and loud unprofessional conference call you will allow reps to ask questions. By the way we all notice you say we don't have time for wuestions but send them up and we will email out the answers. Interesting never got one email while I was there.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you make me laugh. I wish I could do a conference call but I am to busy working my territory and making bonus. I am sick today or would not be taking the time to respond to you. I am not mad just tired of hearing people complain but when you ask them about what the talk stops. when you ask them to do something about it they have excuses. all I am saying is that is not the way it is with my dm or her boss and she does a good job with our calls. maybe there is a good reason you aren't here anymore. just saying

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct. This person refuses to say what questions were ignored. My DM answers all questions and does a great job communicating. Is Vivus perfect? Heck no. Big pharma is far from perfect too. Things could be better, but, they could be much worse. If you are gone, stay away. Life's to short to deal with some idiot who makes no sense.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok- Mr Vivus Manager not rep haha. I am far gone but have great friends left . My biggest question is when are you going to tell reps the 10k is off the table because forecast not met but the board top 5 decided in to spend $460,000 for themselves. Please answer because I didn't have a DM not Reg that could respond . Don't answer all companies do things like this. This was my 3rd startup and only one where I was royally screwed!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Things are not that bad??? Getting no bonus while the idiots who are driving our stock price in the toilet pay themselves a fat check. You like being bent over and screwed like this??? This place has the most unethical lying bastards than anywhere I have ever seen. Time for the reps to put this thing on cruise control and make 3-4 calls a day and give you what you deserve. CRASH AND BURN VIVUS!!!!!!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whatever. stilll no detail on unanswered questions. get your ravings accurate. okay the CEO and board granted themselves a big bonus. yeah that never happens at other pharm companies. grow up and help the rest of us get this thing going or get out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow looks like lots of hating going around on both sides. Managers you still don't get it and Mr Rdm above you don't get it. The reps have been compromised by Vivus's lack of business knowledge 101. You still don't have in place a business plan that will succeed .1st stop yanking targets around.2. Get a co-pay card that is valid and works. 3. Make a broad announcement by email about what does work with copay cards , evoucher and computer generalized vouchers. It should not be a guessing game daily to see what will unfold. Just yesterday coworker found when you peel sticker off / card says its must be activated by 2/28. There are 3 different dates for 1 card. Expires by 4/13 must be activated by 2/28 but runs until 6/13. Now do you get why drs think Vuvus managers are idiots. Please don't say drs don't keed to know this info only efficacy. I'm not sure where your from but in my territory up here drs are the ones giving vouchers and explaining programs. This is 2014 they don't have little nurses wearing white hose and hats doing this for them. Btw- I've worked for plenty small start ups that always took care if reps 1st. This company never shows reps bonus like other companies because they have been shitty. Oh sure you may have had 3 or 3 people with decent bonus but 98 % are pathetic .

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well actually I am one of those 3 and there are a lot like me who have made bonus money. there have been stupid mistakes but if you care about your customers you take care of them. you don't just sit there moaning about it. You are right, it is 2014. start acting like it and don't run and hide every time your customer says boo, or something is not just right. look, I am jut saying that instead of griping about things do something. that's all. i am ick of people just moaning about everything and making them bigger than they are. see you from the stage. I will be the one up there as part of the top 10percent.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoy - minus the 10k !!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10K? are you talking about the extra bonus for the top half if we made it to 105? i thought they told us that was cancelled back in November. I remember my dm and rd telling us it was cancelled because mv had to keep lowering the goal for the year. It sucks but makes sense and old news.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to admit I was really disappointed when I didn't get hired on this contract back during the start up but now I can only say THANK YOU to RM who jerked me around to hire someone else. What a disaster the loser management team made of this launch!