Any truth to Zimmer's trabecular implant?

Discussion in 'Zimmer Dental' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look how well that's working out for Nobel. One of the worst strategies ever.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Nostradamus, take a good look at the implant to see where the TM starts. If that much bone loss occures, everyones implant will be coming out. I guess you could make the same prediction about Zimmers HA implant considering its in the same spot on the implant. You must be a 3i guy which would explain your primary concern being bone loss. This whole thread is filled with BS from little punks that dont know thier ass from a hole in the ground. History will be the teacher and my "prediction" is time will tell so stop spouting off the same ole blah blah blah we all already know professor.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Wes, stick to whacking off in your new cubicle for BH listening to your Atomic Fart app on your iPhone. That is where you belong!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very NICE!! LMAO

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA is a high density, non porous surface whereas Trabecular metal, like Innova's beaded surface, is porous and is not so far down that it won't get exposed - sometimes even at time of placement in narrow ridges. BUT you have not answered the question how replacing half the threaded surface that is needed for initial stability and therefor immediate loading.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completion of question.....
    BUT you have not answered the question how replacing half the threaded surface that is needed for initial stability and therefor immediate loading, IS. BENEFICIAL TO CLINICAL SUCCESS?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you use a TM implant in an immediate load case? The reason to use TM is so you can load an implant faster than existing implants that you have to put to sleep for months. If you are drilling into rock hard bone you don't a TM implant.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look newbie, we all know what HA is and dont need a lesson on what you think. 5mm of bone loss in a narrow ridge, seriously? Why would anyone place an implant where they thought they would get that type of bone loss. Keep studying and come back when you have a clue.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bingo - every root form implant (for the most part) has FDA approval for IL.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"HA is a high density, non porous surface whereas Trabecular metal, like Innova's beaded surface, is porous and is not so far down that it won't get exposed - sometimes even at time of placement in narrow ridges. BUT you have not answered the question how replacing half the threaded surface that is needed for initial stability and therefor immediate loading."

HA, are you kidding me? I thought that material was banned as a hazard? Is anyone still placing anything into humans containing HA?

I don't even want that stuff NEAR me, or in the trunk, in any form. Bad JuJu.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HA is still on many implants as a coating or nano deposited offering. If your implant has it as a surface, it tells you your placing a less than optimal product in today's market. It's not dangerous, just a cheaper, older option that better systems have smartly moved away from. It was thought at one time a generation or more ago that the turnover of this product's attachment to host bone would happen. It doesn't. It can be a problem if the coating is exposed or gets perio involvement in cracks or fissures in the coating over time.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can get 35ncm of initial stability, you can immediate load a screw implant. The only way you would know if you can't get this with the tapered scrEw-vent its to try it - I doubt Zimmer is recommending that?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone with good intitial stability can IL (out of function) any Dental Implant. Most of them have FDA approval to do so. The new Trabecular Metal Implant is in the same category as far as IL (out of function) is concerned. What the new Trabecular Metal Implant offers that is different from other Implants is significantly faster Full Oclusal Load capabilities.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I mean ...recommending to first try inserting a tapered Screw-Vent and then remove it if it doesn't achieve the immediate load threshold of 35Ncm and replace it immediately with a TM implant so that you can load it in maybe 6-8 weeks instead of waiting 8-10 weeks. It is well documented that bone forms faster on an HA surface so why not just use the HA coated Screw-Vent and either load it immediately or wait 6/8 weeks in soft bone? Given the fact that the TM implant has half the thread surface of a Screw-Vent and is primarily straight, it is a poorer design for immediate load than the tapered Screw-Vent and it has no studies showing that it could be loaded in 6 weeks in bone quality compared to a Taperd Screw-Vent in the same bone.
    The only justification for Zimmer selling the TM implant is it's $54 increased price. It comes at a greater risk of contamination if the TM surface becomes exposed, the increased risk of not achieving adequate initial stability in soft bone to achieve Osseointegration because of the lack of threads, and an increased risk of implant fracture in insertion or in function because threads in the mid-section were removed, leaving a narrow core to make room for TM with no structural strength.
    I am not a "newby" but in fact am the inventor of the Straight (1986) and tapered(1999) Screw-Vend. I know how to improve the Screw-Vent which is why the Legacry2 was Voted one of the top 25 implant products of 2011 by Dental Products Review's readers. Zimmer apparently does not understand why the Tapered Screw-Vent was so successful, or they would not have made the Trabecular Metal version of the Screw-Vent.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I am not a "newby" but in fact am the inventor of the Straight (1986) and tapered(1999) Screw-Vend. "

Who gives a shit. This is a forum FOR SALESPEOPLE.

GO AWAY.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed - why are you on here jackass? You have nothing to do with Zimmer or the Copycat2 implant anymore. How's fired.......retirement?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a first: I'm agreeing with Niznick. The trabecular implant is having fracture issues upon insertion at the apical tip where it goes from threaded to trabecular. They are issuing adjusted protocols to docs as we speak. Not a good start, and could spell lights out for this unproven and unnecessary design. Zimmer has no track reord in designing dental implants so they'll get no wiggle room on this.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can certainly understand how this might happen, but where in the US have these issues been reported?

This is the first Ive heard of this, and would appreciate knowing more.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not sure, but there has been an urgent change of protocol letter sent out by Zimmer because of this problem to their customers. Confidence can't be high in continuing to use this unproven, design-challenged product when there are major problems out of the gate.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was an IFU update, not a change of protocol letter. Confidence in this product could not be "higher". TM technology has been proven in the Orthopeadic space for 14 years. Keep grasping at straws. It just makes you look dumb.