Another cluster fudge

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Mar 18, 2024 at 8:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many of us are here in Orlando? Closer to 3,000? And you want to feed us with tiny stupid food stations of basically appetizers and with maybe 50 tables total?!

What a cluster fudge on night 1 already

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely horrible. Little food. Hardly any tables. Want a drink wait 25 minutes. No lunch when we came in. Just water and a few bag of chips. But Novartis values us and appreciate us. Also cheats us on our bonuses. Then delays them to April 5 so they are not paid out at the meeting pissing everyone off. But record sales growth.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And why the two hour general session on the travel day?! Nearly everyone either traveled in on their Sunday to make it in time for that or was up since 4 am traveling. Many couldn’t even get in their room before the general session, which lasted well beyond regular work hours at 6:15. Then they make us compete like a herd of animals for food? First chance we have to catch up with each other and we have to shout over a blaring band too.
    One day down, three more to go. Catch me tomorrow, I’ll be grinning like an idiot.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Food sucks… I’m doing room service and expensing it.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you survive the disaster meeting in Chicago last year, a.k.a. Dez’s debut, You should’ve known that Orlando was gonna be a cluster fuck. Not food, not enough tables not enough drinks…. long winded speeches from HQ people, trying to get their stage time to justify their existence. One would think after the negative reviews they got back on the survey for last year‘s meeting in Chicago. They’d change things up but nope typical Novartis looks like they’re sticking with their game plan whether it works or not. next year it will be pb&j sandwiches and 1 drink ticket per person at an Embassy Suites in Dallas.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3000 of us here like a herd of cattle. 10 minute weight in the reception bar line for a Miller lite.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did I say this piece of shit is not it? I am now. Nope. Take your Czech and shove it directly up your ass. | That thing is not suitable. I am not interested. Take your Czech and leave.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My favorite was talking about the future of the company, that rtl? They weren’t even at this meeting. Dez and the rest are patting themselves on the back while the sales teams are miserable with the micromanaging and treating us like children

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Miller Lites are appropriate for this Pharma Lite organization. Counting down the hours until we can do a jail break and head to the airport tomorrow.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys work for the crappiest Pharma Company.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company sucks yes but the meetings are great for hook ups. Mhmmmmmm

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ready for smooth fudge rubs tonite

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Orlando meeting was a Success! Thanks!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

get your layoff hats on sooon

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well maybe on the booty call front and that’s it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% when all they talk a lot about is the future product that are way off from coming to market. Normally big layoff follow. Plus we have don't call it a hiring freeze Hybrid position.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Dallas is the baseline measurement, you would have to admit this was an improvement.
    At our hotel you could get an elevator (different from last year), reasonable amount of time to get to the next session (better than last year), and a couple of legitimately useful workshops (way better than last year).

That said, the food was an atrocity. I get that it is almost impossible to feed that many people (which might be an indication that these things are way too big), but this was essentially inaccessible, low-grade dog food. Until you can figure out how to reasonably feed people (the drink lines were also awful, but liquor is not really a necessity), you are going to get pounded on the post-meeting surveys. I hope you realize that it's coming.

Also, if Victor is such a huge advocate of sticking 2,000 people in a hotel ballroom, why is it that he's never there? That dude is a complete dickbag. Loves to go on and on about in-person national meetings are a necessity, than he blows them off.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All correct. Really, there wasn’t one great meal. I’ve never been to an awards dinner that wasn’t an actual dinner, but was a general session followed by another buffet. At least we got to snuggle with our teammates during the general sessions since our 10 inch wide chairs were wired together.
    Those were some brutally long workdays to go until 6-6:30 and then straight to dinner. Could we not finish up at 5 like the rest of the world?
    No welcome gift, no entertainment, no free time, cheap ass food. Did you notice that snacks and drinks weren’t lined up with break times several times?
    At least we were in a hotel big enough to support us unlike Dallas, but no need to plant us next to Epcot if we never have a free moment to go there anyway. Might as well make the National meeting in the center of the US for ease of travel if we are never leaving the hotel.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The meeting is not for us. It's for people like Dez,Marketing and Training to feel important. This is their Superbowl.