AMO, Abbott Medical Optics

Discussion in 'Abbott Device' started by Anonymous, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You took away a need a need in investment in femto cataract? What is your interpretation of mazzaccos words?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My interpretation of her words is more lies. If anyone believes what she said they have their heads in the sand. Words mean nothing, it is actions that count and reveal what the person really believes.

Let's review:
    Words:she says that Abbott is committed to Corneal because of the global opportunity.

Actions:she reduced the tm sales team from 28 to 19, a 32 percent decrease.
    Actions: she reduced the retail team from 5 to 4 which is 8 percent decrease.
    Actions: she laid off the director of retail sales and the director of marketing who were the only two managers who had any retail experience at AMO.

Words: the march corneal sales meeting was cancelled couldn't be therenthe entire time.

Actions: the meeting was cancelled because of the planned lay off.

So you tell me, should we believe the words that we just heard? I think not. Ethereal message is: we don't believe in corneal, go get a new job somewhere else before the next lay off.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last week's sales meeting had to be one of the least inspiring meetings I have been to in my career. Whatvwas with all of the military stuff, I thought we worked for a medical device company!

Once again, all fluff and no substance from the management team. I'm really motivated now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been quiet here. Either everyone is now gone or those who are still around are content?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think everyone left is beat down and scared for their jobs, i know I am. It was obvious by Jeff & Catherine's comments that they don't care who stay and who leaves. While I am glad I still have a job, i think the lucky ones are the ones who got laid off. I now have more work to do for the same pay. We are left with managers who don't know how to lead and don't known the business. I find it ironic that nobody on the ELT was let go and they are the ones who created this mess.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So much for the people being abbott's most valuable resource. It seems that this message didn't make it down to the VP and DVP levels.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody have any thoughts on yesterday's announcement by Murthy to separate Corneal from the rest of AMO? I smell a sale coming!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whay message?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody know why Darin Dixon left recently, he was one of the good guys. I wonder if he got tired of the unethical behavior of management.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm. Let it or him speak for it or himself. Maybe it was his unethical business?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Something is going down today. What is it?????

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably all the TMs below 90% getting no bonus.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah right. He was one of the few ethical stand up guys we had at AMO.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of us tms got screwed on our bonus.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TOTALLY SCREWED on Bonus. Funny how we had 3 meetings but no budget for any of them.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Typical abbot and mazzacco's management. Anytime she can screw Corneal she does!! Ironically, corneal is the only AMO division making our numbers.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was so excited for my phone interview tomorrow and am now truly concerned as to why this position might be available. Has anything changed? My current company cut my pay in half and added a full state to my territory so I am used to dealing with employers who only care about the bottom line but I dont want to make a mistake by moving to Abbott. I'm in San Diego, CA and interviewing for the corneal tm position. Please give me some advice-there has to be a few positives about Abbott, right?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't take the job especially since it is in Corneal- it is a sinking ship, The management is poor and the SR. Leadership is horrible. I would look elsewhere. There are better companies. Corneal has a lay-off every 2 years like clock work.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mani Gopal's transition to AMO may be a good thing. He worked with Abbott POC for a while and made some good changes in that part of the business.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt it. His experience is with hospitals and this business is a consumer products business. Another person in management with no consumer products experience to join the ones who are hear with no experience. Here we go again.