Acthar Gel

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by anonymous, Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiter contacted me about selling this drug. Any info on it? Oph friend of mine never heard said it sounds like just another steroid like prednisone.

Any info good/bad/indifferent?

Thanks.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Crap drug, literally a piece of pig crap. The only thing worse are the clowns running this joint.
    You have an admin as a GM, a live cartoon looking bobble head as the ring leader who loves red heads.
    Basically an island of misfits.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you get the job, make sure you tell the docs that the drug cost for a 3 month course costs more than the doc makes annually. A hormone that cost about $100 to manufacture and sells for $42,000/vial. Do the math -1 vial equals 2 1/2 weeks of therapy. The patient needs 5 vials for 3 months totaling $210,000. If the patient stays on therapy for 1 year, the drug costs $840,000. This drug is crippling medicare and medicaid.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Gee, seems like u know everything! Since u state it cost $100 to manufacture, why don't u state ur source in citing this. I am sure you are able to cite ur source if this is a fact. Remember, there are facts amd there are beliefs. Facts, Jack!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP Here: Why would they price the drug so high? Does it have significant clinical value over standard of care to justify the cost? Does not sound like a fun drug to sell to eye docs. Don't they just use prednisone?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be one of the unethical fucks who believe that this drug is priced to serve the best interest of the patient or managed care. Ask Trudeau what it costs to manufacture Acthar-oh wait-he was asked on squawk box when interviewed and he would not respond. Price gouging at its best. Lets see what happens when government payers stop paying for Acthar. Say hello to the unemployment line.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

......Valeant .....Mylan...... looks like Mallinckrodt is in GOOD COMPANY

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lol! So true. Hugh is a total moron an his minions. What the F are we doing? Selling pig shit for $45,000 a vial.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please get off our board. Has significantly helped many patients in my territory. So dont know why u r doing this but please get another hobby. Whomever treated u badly, take it out on them, not on the patients needing med.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

haha Super Mallinckrodt the patient Superhero to the rescue. Thanks for sticking up for those patients, your a real class A type of guy

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One rheumatologist who I asked told me he used acthar gel in residency in Med school & it cost a quarter! He said he would never prescribe it at its current cost. So who is prescribing this stuff?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hugh, go back to work and stop replying to these posts during work hours. Fat head!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha!! That guy does have a humongous head. Funny looking dude who has no clue what we do.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HO and his red head queen need to get a life. No friends except each other. This place is a joke!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was your rheumatologist born in the 40s? My granddad told me gas cost a quarter too once.....a long, long, time ago.......

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They do have a strange relationship. She is basically his shadow. Pathetic!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Total scam. Malli is getting too greedy. Leave while u can.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth is the drug is awful. Last in line behind 20 other options. Not worth the price and the pressure is needless to sell it. Unless you are desperate of need the job run.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Horsecrap. When Sanofi-Aventis sold the drug back in 2001, the price was less than $150/vial. In the 15 years since that time, Questcor didn't do a damned thing with it but mark it up every year and sell it for everything despite crappy data supporting its clinical effectiveness. FDA made Questcor go back and do the studies because the original approval was so flimsy.

So do tell us how much research they actually did to prove it was worth marking up the drug over 150 times more than it was? NONE.