A Word of Caution

Discussion in 'Merck' started by anonymous, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and when does this big announcement go out to the field?? if the managers know by Monday, so will the reps. it won't stay quiet. so i guess we see what we hear Monday. this seems silly.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must be a new by, you won't here anything until it occurs. Be prepared Armageddon has arrived.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managers will prob keep quiet so they can shuffle around and apply for any job openings first, ahead of the masses of reps.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for info. Hope they follow the same model they did with CV and Resp reps and tell reps sooner rather than later. Respiratory reps have till end of year to find something else. Doesn't seem like much, but the little bit of extra time will help in crowded job market.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This bloodbath has been in full swing for more than ten years running. Only a blind fool has missed it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have not observed anything like what is going to occur. I have seen the plans that will remove the vast majority of remaining employees. The new business model does not need you at all.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've shed over 40,000 employees and liter tally shuttered our corporate HQ. I can't imagine it gets any worse going forward.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CV Spec gone. EPBU Reps gone. Respiratory Spec gone. All this came down within the last few months. I think PC is next.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know PC is next. Women's Health is on deck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In my opinion they should go full contract because the value of the pharmaceutical field sales rep is about zero. As one of my cardiologists once said - "What job can a pharmaceutical rep get when they get laid off?" It was a rhetorical question of course.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

announcements have been coming regularly, every few weeks. wonder what this week will hold? don't think the CV and Resp reps got much advance notice before their calls.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We got about a 5 hour notice and that was it. Looking for a job now-really sucks ass. Then you get on here and listen to all the tough-guys talking about how their stock is increasing by cutting Merck employment. They don't know it, but there is Karma. And it will catch them at some point.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will have zero time notice it will be like a large meteor striking!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did managers find out same time as you or did they already know about cuts?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They might have had a couple days warning-maybe. But keep in mind the writing was on the wall for us. VP of our division told us at national meeting in Feb that our expenses exceeded our income by about 30 times. Major red flag there! Then our DCO left. They put in a DCO that had no experience in our therapeutic category. Then the marketing team left one by one until there was only one left! All along the way CV reps were leaving to take hospital jobs, vaccine jobs, territory jobs. Should have seen it coming but you don't want to admit that being as impactful in cardiology(with our drugs) for as long as we have-how could they get rid of us? Well, they did, and it was an easy decision for them too. However, we were also told we would get other products-mostly licensed from other companies for CHF and PAH. What were we supposed to believe? Would the company lie to us? I'll let you figure out the answer to that question. Though we were told we would get a chance to interview for oncology and other positions, that really hasn't been true.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck to find something quickly. Hang in there. Since PC will probably be next, at least you'll have a little bit of time advantage in applying for available jobs.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will PC be next? Seem to be doing okay, with some things on the horizon? You never know with this company. They seem to be getting better at lying to us.