2 day field rides.. absolutely ridiculous

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Jan 3, 2024 at 7:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to manage the manager better. For openers have them meet you on the schetchiest corner of your territory. Then show up late, a flat tire emergency works well as an excuse. After looking over their shoulder for a while they'll be happy to get outta Dodge real quick

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s true. My manager told us to meet expectations that he has to do 2 day field rides and be in the field 4 days a week. Our manager is not good about scheduling, so we often get calls at 6pm with “We are going to do a field ride the next two days”. Thanks for the notice.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You need to establish ground rules. Make him rent a car and meet you at your furthest point. Tee up your docs and nurses to be a-holes to him. Most managers want an easy milk run and if you give them that they’ll keep taking advantage of you. It’s your job to make their field travel miserable so they’ll leave you alone.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth. ABLs are typically weak sheep and look to force their will on the reps that they feel are weaker meeker sheep than they are. That’s the game they play. So any reps who let that happen are shameful.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad we pay people 200k plus just so they can write up an FCR. They only do this so it keeps the RD happy and off their backs. They bring zero value to the field they don't coach and doctors don't want them there. So much for putting the customer first. Unless the ABL pushes back nothing will change, We know they are feckless cowards who just want to keep their useless job.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More ridiculous is media outrage of what happened in Russia to main political opponent, but nearly EXACTLY same thing happens in USA and same people cheer it - elect interference

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time for a nap, brother.
    You started drinking way too early.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

200K? That’s a salary from several years ago. Most reps make 200 plus now. Try 250-300 plus for ABLs.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

300K to do what HAHAHAHAHA. They should put a mask on every time they cash their checks. Because this is what I call stealing.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Usually my FCR looks prewritten too, like it has nothing in common with the actual field ride.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mid mgmt in Pharma is indeed fraudulent in more than 1 way.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, most reps do not make $200k. Don’t know where you got that information but it’s wrong.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry pal but the 200K thing is 100% spot on. Now I’m basing this on someone with 10+ years specialty exp. I realize a PCP rep with 3,4,5 years is not making this,

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s really difficult for sales reps under this new CE structure to make decent bonuses. My total income has gone down the last 3 years even with salary increases in promotion. The bonuses are insane for a very small few while 80% or more of the sales force is making maybe 1/3 of targeted bonus for the year. “Paid for performance” and yet in CV the data is AWFUL you have no idea who you are getting credit for- it’s ridiculous and the reason the attrition in this TA is 20%. Then the reps left over have to hit area sales goals for full team with just half the sales reps because they have lost so many. Do they adjust goals? Of course not! So reps are paying the price for this extreme turnover.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis brings up the rear of the pharma salary survey. Getting more like a GSK incentive comp model by paying on metrics and not on sales results. No can do. Any rep with talent to drive business would be foolish to work under that model.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And guess who came from gsk? Dez. He doesn’t like reps getting awarded, thinks pclub should be done away with. Equity.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dez is the best. He really knows how to motivate people and move the needle. All the ABLs love him and so do the RDs and the VPs that answer to him. What’s not to love? He’s smart, he’s black and he hails from GSK. His speeches always tell a story of how to gain success in the pharma industry. He’s a ceiling breaker, a real executive and I know he’ll be CEO of Novartis very soon. Watch out Vas, the black man is gunning for your job.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He's an oblivious clown, but he'd be right about Presidents Club if that part is true. Its a relic of old pharma, similar to call averages and field rides.
    Data collection is trash, team-based goals, and FTO's destroyed any pretense of credibility.
    Awarding P-club in an environment this cartoonish could end up getting them in trouble, so I don't blame him for wanting to get rid of it.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All sounds in agreement on here that Dez and Novartis sucks. Why hang around this dumpster fire then?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hoping he leaves. CE is a farce,just another layer of yes men to hide in. He’s now turning the radiation therapy team into a clown show. Trainers and marketing, no experience in the space. The maps are illogical to anyone with brain cells to rub together. People last is the new model over there, managers say it all the time. It’s a sad day.