• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Why are so many people leaving aesthetics?

<

Galderma was the best job in aesthetics the last several years. WTF is happening?

when you’re owned by private equity the only thing that matters is increasing revenue and decreasing expenses at all costs. To do this, you hire a villainous CEO who cares nothing but for himself and a small group of cohorts. Nobody at the top is in it for the long term. Just in it for a quick buck. No incentive for the people in the field doing the work. Mid level management will be the next to turn over though.

8 Subtle Signs Your Workplace Is Toxic And
It's Time For A Change

1. You find out people's true thoughts in the
meeting after the meeting.

2. There's too little dissension.

3. Only one type of person gets promoted.

4. Underperformers go inexplicably unaddressed.

5. The talk is all about measures, not
meaning.

6. Energy is palpably low.

7. Nobody asks for your input on
anything.

8. There's no clear vision

8 Subtle Signs Your Workplace Is Toxic And
It's Time For A Change

1. You find out people's true thoughts in the
meeting after the meeting.

2. There's too little dissension.

3. Only one type of person gets promoted.

4. Underperformers go inexplicably unaddressed.

5. The talk is all about measures, not
meaning.

6. Energy is palpably low.

7. Nobody asks for your input on
anything.

8. There's no clear vision

when you’re owned by private equity the only thing that matters is increasing revenue and decreasing expenses at all costs. To do this, you hire a villainous CEO who cares nothing but for himself and a small group of cohorts. Nobody at the top is in it for the long term. Just in it for a quick buck. No incentive for the people in the field doing the work. Mid level management will be the next to turn over though.
Such an accurate comment. If you want a career and a company culture, leave. There is not future under Private Equity.

Does anyone ever talk about sales performance at this company? I’ve never worked at a place that cares less about performance, customers, anything sales related. Does anyone from HQ ever come in the field? Maybe that’s why nobody is making money or hitting their goals.

Does anyone ever talk about sales performance at this company? I’ve never worked at a place that cares less about performance, customers, anything sales related. Does anyone from HQ ever come in the field? Maybe that’s why nobody is making money or hitting their goals.
All people care about at headquarters is hitting the overall target. How one gets to the number is irrelevant. Sell, just sell so the top bosses get their bonuses.

My manager is in the field all the time. My area Director hasn’t even been in my state since I’ve worked here.

You can’t tell who the poor performers are vs the great performers. Look- you have CM who hit 125% to goal and never missed a quarter for several years but turns out she was setting up buying groups and screwing her team over while her manager was out on maternity leave for the millionth time. There’s always shady and unethical stuff with the people who hit goal for years on end. A true test would be to take those reps and put them in a completely different territory and see how they perform. Meanwhile another rep is busting her chops working to the bone making nothing. Effort and business planning doesn’t equal success in this job anymore.
The goals are also make believe and sent down from Flemmings a hole. He farts them out and some reps are left with goals that are more crappy than others. No logic or thought behind them. Just pooped out from the CEO.

You can’t tell who the poor performers are vs the great performers. Look- you have CM who hit 125% to goal and never missed a quarter for several years but turns out she was setting up buying groups and screwing her team over while her manager was out on maternity leave for the millionth time. There’s always shady and unethical stuff with the people who hit goal for years on end. A true test would be to take those reps and put them in a completely different territory and see how they perform. Meanwhile another rep is busting her chops working to the bone making nothing. Effort and business planning doesn’t equal success in this job anymore.
The goals are also make believe and sent down from Flemmings a hole. He farts them out and some reps are left with goals that are more crappy than others. No logic or thought behind them. Just pooped out from the CEO.
The root cause of all our issues and unrealistic targets come from Flemming. He has done nothing but destroyed the business and demotivated associates since taking over.

Whatever the reason over 50% will not be receiving a bonus this Qtr due to misses across the business. Yes when they miss our numbers are increased and eventually we underachieve. Welcome to P.E.

Is Heath still the VP? We havent heard or seen from her in a while. Weve had two calls with the entire salesforce this month and she nor Caulker can show their face. I have never been at a company where the leaders hide as much as our cowards do.

At least our director tries with her Friday afternoon happy hour calls. My poor manager doesnt even try to give excuses anymore - they just say that they are hoping things are going to get better.