Why are Eliquis reps coming into the hospital?

Anonymous

This tells me that the IS division will be gone soon. IS management has been telling us for years that "we are trying to get you another drug" to sell. They failed to find one. Now Eliquis comes along and Pfizer sends those reps into the hospital to sell it. Why not let the IS reps have responsibility in the hospital like Prevnar 13?

<

This tells me that the IS division will be gone soon. IS management has been telling us for years that "we are trying to get you another drug" to sell. They failed to find one. Now Eliquis comes along and Pfizer sends those reps into the hospital to sell it. Why not let the IS reps have responsibility in the hospital like Prevnar 13?
Pfizer has a well trained hospital sales force and they are DYING to sell something new. I don't understand this one at all unless they are planning something drastic for this division in the fall. Then again maybe it's just internal politics.

Eliquis is a BMS drug.

BMS will have their hospital reps selling Eliquis.

You do have choices:
1. Hang on to your current spot in IS and pray
2. Hang on to your current spot and accept severance when your group is shut down
3. Post for other positions (about 30 Tofa spots have been posted)
4. Look for work outside this life-sucking company

I'm sure there are more choices but suffice it to say that Eliquis is not and never was intended to be the savior of IS.

Eliquis is a BMS drug.

BMS will have their hospital reps selling Eliquis.

You do have choices:
1. Hang on to your current spot in IS and pray
2. Hang on to your current spot and accept severance when your group is shut down
3. Post for other positions (about 30 Tofa spots have been posted)
4. Look for work outside this life-sucking company

I'm sure there are more choices but suffice it to say that Eliquis is not and never was intended to be the savior of IS.

5. Decide your next move soon...IS cuts coming this summer.

5. Decide your next move soon...IS cuts coming this summer.

I can't really see there being just another routine 20% layoff in IS---just doesn't make sense. Tyga is DOA, Zyvox has only a couple of years left on patent & Prevnar didn't get off the launch pad. What does make sense is cutting half the IS sales force and rolling the other half into another division (as specialty reps) to sell Zyvox for remaider of product life. Another option would be to sell off Tyga and just hire a contract sales force to sell Zyvox PO until patent expiration. This option of course would mean elimination of entire IS division. Who knows what senior management will come up with but it can't be good for IS!!

I can't really see there being just another routine 20% layoff in IS---just doesn't make sense. Tyga is DOA, Zyvox has only a couple of years left on patent & Prevnar didn't get off the launch pad. What does make sense is cutting half the IS sales force and rolling the other half into another division (as specialty reps) to sell Zyvox for remaider of product life. Another option would be to sell off Tyga and just hire a contract sales force to sell Zyvox PO until patent expiration. This option of course would mean elimination of entire IS division. Who knows what senior management will come up with but it can't be good for IS!!

This makes no sense at all. The company isn't going to risk sales of Zyvox or Prevnar.

Uh I think we all knew who screwed this one up and it's not the IS division. Remember that little thing called ACIP. Get Prevnar on ACIP guidelines and Core Measures and IS will kick ass!!!

Get it on the guidelines and then get rid of IS,since they won't be needed. Medicine today is all about follow the guidelines. Reps are obsolete!!