What should I know when resigning?

anonymous

What do I need to know when resigning at Merck? Do they pay out your accrued vacation? When do they take your car? Is there any way to prove value of UNvested pension (would like to prove as leave behind benefit for sign on bonus with new gig). What else do I need to consider?

<

What do I need to know when resigning at Merck? Do they pay out your accrued vacation? When do they take your car? Is there any way to prove value of UNvested pension (would like to prove as leave behind benefit for sign on bonus with new gig). What else do I need to consider?

-they pay out all vacation
-you cannot use car, can take weeks to pickup
-you have a few months to decide about your future pension. Do nothing and it defaults to a monthly annuity when you reach a certain age (62?). If you want the lump at age (62?), some states require your spouse and you go to a notary. Be careful, if you die before (62?) your spouse gets nothing.
-You can show your new employer the savings plan document/modeling and hope for the best, doesn't hurt. Most want to know what you are leaving on the table that is "vested" vs. hypothetical.
-For closeout, a vendor visits your home and asks for every little thing- name badges, reprints, business cards, I mean everything.
-Best of luck, I know reps who went to Genentech and Amgen who started at 175k plus 40k bonus, plus a ton of RSU's, plus a luxe car, no pod crap. They are very selective who they hire and there are some other good companies too.

Don't look back, more money and upward mobility elsewhere. Once legendary, Merck has become a stale dinosaur.

Merck does everything to prevent it’s sales people from selling. We are the most compliant company in the industry. This red green dashboard is comparable to the schools being closed down. We can be out there and schools can be open. Follow the science Merck!
Have us sign that we won’t sue and guess what our customers have been vaccinated. Let us do our freaking jobs and get the sales results you need from us. This is painful!
“come on man” as Biden says.

-they pay out all vacation
-you cannot use car, can take weeks to pickup
-you have a few months to decide about your future pension. Do nothing and it defaults to a monthly annuity when you reach a certain age (62?). If you want the lump at age (62?), some states require your spouse and you go to a notary. Be careful, if you die before (62?) your spouse gets nothing.
-You can show your new employer the savings plan document/modeling and hope for the best, doesn't hurt. Most want to know what you are leaving on the table that is "vested" vs. hypothetical.
-For closeout, a vendor visits your home and asks for every little thing- name badges, reprints, business cards, I mean everything.
-Best of luck, I know reps who went to Genentech and Amgen who started at 175k plus 40k bonus, plus a ton of RSU's, plus a luxe car, no pod crap. They are very selective who they hire and there are some other good companies too.

Don't look back, more money and upward mobility elsewhere. Once legendary, Merck has become a stale dinosaur.[/QUOTE]

No truer words. And who was that CEO the last decade of our lives?