• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Vehicle options

<

Changes every ordering cycle. Also, if you are a prospective employee you will not get a choice of a vehicle as a new hire. You will be assigned a vehicle from fleet surplus.

I believe this past cycling which ended earlier this month you had a choice of rav 4, sonata, and Camry (there may be more but that’s all I heard from my coworkers who could order). They are all hybrids as AZ is in the process of replacing all gas fleet cars with hybrids once they reach the end of their lifecycle.

I can also confirm that you do not get to pick a car when hired. They give you what ever they have on fleet.

I believe this past cycling which ended earlier this month you had a choice of rav 4, sonata, and Camry (there may be more but that’s all I heard from my coworkers who could order). They are all hybrids as AZ is in the process of replacing all gas fleet cars with hybrids once they reach the end of their lifecycle.

I can also confirm that you do not get to pick a car when hired. They give you what ever they have on fleet.

What are the guidelines for getting a new company vehicle? 3 years? Milage? What if you have a small territory? Do you keep driving the same vehicle for 5 years or what?

It’s usually if you’re close to 80,000 then you will get a new one. In the terms it states 80,000 miles it doesn’t give a number of years. Based on my coworkers with small territories it seems if your car is 5 years or older regardless of mileage it will be replaced (unwritten rules I suppose) I had a coworker who had only 30,000 miles and her car was over 5 years and she was able to order a new one. Just this last ordering cycle another coworker had only 61000 miles and she was able to order again her car was over 5 years old.

I can confirm that as a new hire, you will get whatever they feel like giving you. I live in the midwest where we get a fair amount of snow (30" on average the last couple years), but Wheels determined my zip code did not get enough to receive an SUV. They failed to take into account that my territory extends 2.5 hours north of my zip code. Be prepared to receive a very uncomfortable Subaru. A counterpart had a Chevy Malibu and at the time she signed, it had 100,000 miles on it. She had been waiting for her new Rav4 for over 5 months!

I can confirm that as a new hire, you will get whatever they feel like giving you. I live in the midwest where we get a fair amount of snow (30" on average the last couple years), but Wheels determined my zip code did not get enough to receive an SUV. They failed to take into account that my territory extends 2.5 hours north of my zip code. Be prepared to receive a very uncomfortable Subaru. A counterpart had a Chevy Malibu and at the time she signed, it had 100,000 miles on it. She had been waiting for her new Rav4 for over 5 months!

That should say...at the time she RESIGNED it had 100,000 miles.