• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Pharma Reps Don’t Work

anonymous

I’m fairly young and still new(ish) to the industry. It cracks me up how many offices I walk in a day and very rarely do I ever run into reps from other companies. Don’t get me wrong, I do see a few here and there - but it’s far and few between.

I suppose I’m still early enough into it to believe I should be out working to “move the needle” in my territory, but it’s becoming more apparent everyday that people in this industry don’t work much and it doesn’t change their performance outcome. That’s hilarious.

<

I’m fairly young and still new(ish) to the industry. It cracks me up how many offices I walk in a day and very rarely do I ever run into reps from other companies. Don’t get me wrong, I do see a few here and there - but it’s far and few between.

I suppose I’m still early enough into it to believe I should be out working to “move the needle” in my territory, but it’s becoming more apparent everyday that people in this industry don’t work much and it doesn’t change their performance outcome. That’s hilarious.

That's why this is the greatest gig in the world. You mentioned you're fairly new to this game, but that's ok young grasshopper. Soon enough in time you will be playing your part in this bogus profession with the huge misconception that we are actually sales people. In time you too will fall in the ranks of making fake calls, delivering food and snacks to self entitled overeating nurses and staff, starting your day at 11 a.m. and ending it at 2 p,m. just so you can hit the gym, golf course or get in a little shopping. Oh and since it appears you are working in Big Pharma with way too many reps covering your territory, spouting off about the same old crap and flooding offices with samples, your next test will be how well you keep your resume updated, since you'll be interviewing every few years due to layoffs. Yes, that's how we roll.

Because you are a primary care rep. You have little to no impact. You never will. The treatment algorithm is dictated by managed care, as managed care companies have no respect from primary care providers.

if you are so lucky as to make it into a real specialty you will notice reps from other companies and you will quickly know which ones are proficient at their jobs.

Because you are a primary care rep. You have little to no impact. You never will. The treatment algorithm is dictated by managed care, as managed care companies have no respect from primary care providers.

if you are so lucky as to make it into a real specialty you will notice reps from other companies and you will quickly know which ones are proficient at their jobs.

Give me a break and quit being so holier than thou, "make it into a real specialty".....Ha, proficient at what? This isn't a job no more than it is being in sales. Go call in that next door dash or EZ catering lunch.

“Real Specialty”? Ha ha ha ha ha..

Yep, I know that Pharma reps don’t work. I’m one of them. Love the $$$ and benefits. Play the game. I have NO problem with all the dishonesty. Been this way for years.

My favorite part of the day is stopping by my local rub and tug for a little stress relief. I just lay there and smile as I think to myself, “I’m getting paid while this is happening” Life is good!!

Pharma is great for the work to live crowd. If you’re more “live to work”, maybe find a place you can stand out more. And if “helping patients” is really what you’d like to do, you should be working inside the office or hospital.

You and Bob Kraft.
You know it’s funny, even before the news about him broke, I used to think that this one a what it must feel like being him for that 60 min session. $50 to the house and $100 to the girl snd you’re feeling like you have Bob Kraft money as your greatest need is satisfied. Ahhhh, the good old days

Y'all are ridiculous. I have such engaging conversations with all my customers. They love when I sell them on the unmet need and they especially love all the positive tension and thinking questions I ask.

Give me a break and quit being so holier than thou, "make it into a real specialty".....Ha, proficient at what? This isn't a job no more than it is being in sales. Go call in that next door dash or EZ catering lunch.

AZ seems to think so. I’ve heard some of you PC reps have base salaries around 85k. I’m happy to pretend to be holier than though for the 200k base

AZ seems to think so. I’ve heard some of you PC reps have base salaries around 85k. I’m happy to pretend to be holier than though for the 200k base

So with a base of 200k, that puts you somewhere in a Sr. Director role or head of brand position. Congrats and this speaks volumes of our organization for someone like you to be posting on CP.