PCP Diabetes/Respiratory

anonymous

Now that territory restructuring is over and no more Bcise responsibility, and we are essentially 2 combined therapeutic areas, how do you feel, one month in, about the changes? Do you feel it was right to essentially take away 50% of territory, relationships to make way for the "new" AZ?
IMO, this will be another failed attempt.

<

So far...So bad. I miss my old partner. My new one hasn't left her house this year from what I can tell. Not to mention starting from scratch with MDs that no longer have a desire to see Reps after shutting us down for the better part of a year. I guess we need to just realize the old is gone and we need to figure this out because it has been bad!

Change is part of Pharma. But the way this was done was a slap in the face. RST wasn’t even targeted even though some of them are literally terrible that hide behind base reps and have for years. Secondly the maps and broken relationships make zero business sense. I’m sure they trust ZS associates but just because things look good on paper doesn’t mean it’s right. Local knowledge was thrown out the door and even the DSMs were helpless with what they were given. I have heard of DSMs with 6-7 reps and some with 10-12. How does that make any sense? Typical big corporations out of touch with what is needed to grow business.

It all stinks ... I agree these changes were not well thought out. Happy to have a job, but my new district is awful, the DM is clueless and not effective and changing this during Covid hitting our offices makes the access impossible. Buckle up... this year is gonna stink at AZ !

Yes, it's been a huge setback.
When a bone headed computer algorithm chooses who stays, who goes (go figure) and then for approx 1:2 accounts "Hi, I'm the new guy"...
What happened to x? Oh, they were displaced or changed territory.
Now, your job is to start from scratch building a relationship and try to sell "me too" drugs or 2nd,3rd to market at best!
...will be interesting one year out to see if this latest exercise in stupidity proves anything.

I feel it was I mistake, especially during a launch. The fact that good reps were let go and bad ones were promoted due to 0 input from local management in beyond ignorant.

Yep no logic whatsoever.

What they should have done is gotten rid of all RST since they are nothing more that glorified overlays who are doing the same job we are especially because they are still calling on high volume PCP.

they could have left the 2 base respiratory reps

on the diabetes side get rid of ESS they are a useless team who have been benefiting from shared pcp targets with dss for years or took them all together. There were high volume pcp docs the ess team stole so we didn’t get credit claiming they were “Endo” like and that they should be calling on them Total BS! They were just looking to pad their numbers because they were not moving the business with the endos they call on.

They could have kept the two teams separate Resp inhaled and DSS with no merging and would have saved a ton of money!

Also get rid of shared crediting and go back to how it used to be with custhub. If a doc practices more in your territory they belong to your territory and only your territory.

What stinks now is some doctor from another territory who practices even a day in your territory you get credit for them. If they write you benefit but if they don’t or the other team who’s responsible for them the other 4 days a week don’t take care of business you suffer. This method makes it even harder to figure out who’s doing the work. Also encourages other reps to be lazy as they know their “partners” in the other territory will just take care of it.

Not to mention the number of people who are benefiting from shared targeting. Plus how can you rank territories on shared targets?? I have a doctor who writes breztri scripts because of the relationship I have and he wrote day 1. Because he has another office in someone else’s territory they benefit from his scripts and shows on the reports even though they never call on him ever.

Also get rid of shared crediting and go back to how it used to be with custhub. If a doc practices more in your territory they belong to your territory and only your territory.

What stinks now is some doctor from another territory who practices even a day in your territory you get credit for them. If they write you benefit but if they don’t or the other team who’s responsible for them the other 4 days a week don’t take care of business you suffer. This method makes it even harder to figure out who’s doing the work. Also encourages other reps to be lazy as they know their “partners” in the other territory will just take care of it.

Not to mention the number of people who are benefiting from shared targeting. Plus how can you rank territories on shared targets?? I have a doctor who writes breztri scripts because of the relationship I have and he wrote day 1. Because he has another office in someone else’s territory they benefit from his scripts and shows on the reports even though they never call on him ever.

Thanks sucker

It all stinks ... I agree these changes were not well thought out. Happy to have a job, but my new district is awful, the DM is clueless and not effective and changing this during Covid hitting our offices makes the access impossible. Buckle up... this year is gonna stink at AZ !
What they are saying is that they don't value you in any way - it will take MONTHS for the resp. team to understand / sell diabetes competently (and vis versa) - and I don't say that in a negative way - it's just the truth! This company has always been an also ran.....