• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Pascal did the right thing! Proud to be AstraZeneca!

Anonymous

UK drugmaker AstraZeneca is preparing to reject Pfizer's latest $117 billion offer for the firm, the FT's Ed Hammond, Andrew Ward and Arash Massoudi report.
This is likely to end the American giant's takeover bid, they write, as Pfizer said it would walk away of this offer did not go through. FT:

The [$92.53-per-share] bid, upped from [$84] two weeks ago, was viewed by key members of AstraZeneca’s management team and its board of directors as falling short of properly valuing the company, according to people familiar with the matter.

The two companies have discussed the deal in recent days. During those talks AstraZeneca executives also felt that Pfizer failed to give assurances on other key terms of a deal, including commitments to the UK group’s research and development programmes

AstraZeneca closed Friday at $80.28.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/astrazeneca-rejects-final-pfizer-offer-2014-5#ixzz327eRHBcH

<

Rah Rah AZ? LOL. 5 minutes until the return of "AZ is a shithole this place sucks I fucking hate it here what a black pit of despair DSM's are idiots management is the devil" posts. Set your egg timer.

Rah Rah AZ? LOL. 5 minutes until the return of "AZ is a shithole this place sucks I fucking hate it here what a black pit of despair DSM's are idiots management is the devil" posts. Set your egg timer.

This person must not have much experience outside of Astrazeneca. This is an excellent organization for which I am so proud and thankful to be a part of. If you think there is another company out there with a better culture, then leave. Stop the complaining and show some gratitude that you even have a job.

If Pascal, Leif et al really believe PFE offer was undervalued then they should voluntarily reset the options they have been granted to an exercise price of $92.50. Should be a piece of cake to race past that price if what they're saying about AZ value is true, right?

He may be a hero in London, but wait till the cuts still come to reps in the States..We just turned down a huge check..it's back to the salt mine for the reps now..the execs in HQ will be breathing a sigh of relief then start looking busy by saving the company money (ie. increase profit) with layoffs.

Congrats to you AZ folks. I only wish Wyeth CEO, BP, would have had the same "set". I spent a miserable year at Pfizer before getting out and now work for another pharma co. I was actually one of the "lucky" ones, the 15 -20% % Pfizer actually kept.

Now I guess big blue will have to continue to expand their "R&D" - research, buy and destroy, someone else besides AZ.

Glad to see some CEO finally not cower to Pfizer. Oh, now what will all those Cluster 1 Pfizer reps do!!!!

This person must not have much experience outside of Astrazeneca. This is an excellent organization for which I am so proud and thankful to be a part of. If you think there is another company out there with a better culture, then leave. Stop the complaining and show some gratitude that you even have a job.

Amen!!