PANTYHOSE

Anonymous

Guest
I've noticed a lot more women wearing pantyhose lately. As a guy I'm ecstatic that they are back in style! Now I can actually admire those pretty legs after years of the gross look of nylonless legs. Ladies you look great with those legs in silk!
 




I've noticed a lot more women wearing pantyhose lately. As a guy I'm ecstatic that they are back in style! Now I can actually admire those pretty legs after years of the gross look of nylonless legs. Ladies you look great with those legs in silk!

um... so women's legs are gross when they don't have nylon on them? are they only attractive with something masking them?
 












As a 45 yr old woman with shapely legs (but a small waist!), I can confidently say that my bare legs are not getting better looking. I grew up when hose were cool to wear and I am having trouble adjusting to the idea of never wearing them. I was just thinking this morning that they will probably never come back in style, and that I should quit buying them.

I also read that one should NOT wear them to an interview. I would like to hear the CP audience's opinion on this. Thanks!
 








A woman should never go bare legged to a job interview. It looks very unprofessional. I wear stockings all the time except the heat of summer. Thigh his and stockings though. Pantyhose are ugly.
 




A woman should never go bare legged to a job interview. It looks very unprofessional. I wear stockings all the time except the heat of summer. Thigh his and stockings though. Pantyhose are ugly.

Bottom line is that at least you don't pretend your Sarah Jessica Parker and that bare legs are sexy showing off those blemishes, bruises, and shave cuts.

For women to look professional there legs should have some type of silk on them pantyhose, thigh highs, something! I agree with the op that pantyhose are now back in style...thank goodness! ..no more skanky look! I'm 26 years old so if that makes me a granny I'll take it and look like a woman rather than a bare legged hooker...
 




Bottom line is that at least you don't pretend your Sarah Jessica Parker and that bare legs are sexy showing off those blemishes, bruises, and shave cuts.

For women to look professional there legs should have some type of silk on them pantyhose, thigh highs, something! I agree with the op that pantyhose are now back in style...thank goodness! ..no more skanky look! I'm 26 years old so if that makes me a granny I'll take it and look like a woman rather than a bare legged hooker...

Nice and silk is better.
 








You could write a book about this topic, but the bottom line is this -- smart women wear hosiery for the same reason smart men drag a razor across their face everyday. It just looks better and more professional, and when you don't do it just makes you look lazy!
 




It really depends where you live. I live in Arizona and have been in pharma for 10 years and let me tell you--ain't nobody wearing hose!!! It's hot almost the entire year--it was 90 degrees a few weeks ago--in February!! Now--if you are wearing a short little skirt then you shouldn't be wearing that if you want to be taken seriously--but most business dresses and skirt suits are of knee length and if you have taken care of yourself and use a little self tanner then you look completely fine. Another shocker--open toe shoes/sandals are also the norm here. Again, not talking clear hooker heels--but nice shoes look just fine as long as you keep up with the pedi's.
 




I'll admit up front, I think hosiery looks better. In my opinion, only about 10% can actually pull off the no-hose look when hosiery is otherwise appropriate (work, church, etc.). The other 90% are simply giving us an unwanted peek at scars, shaving cuts, pale ashy skin, or hair follicles that are obvious enough to play connect the dots.

What I find most humorous about the anti-hose ladies is that the women who complain about the heat, the squeeze or some other way in which hosiery is uncomfortable, are the same women who will:

- have their chest cut open to insert a foreign object inserted to "improve their appearance"
- have a toxin injected into their lips to "improve their appearance"
- have their stomachs cut open and fat suctioned to "improve their appearance"
- wear a bra that pinches their chest to "improve their appearance"
- will spend 30-45 minutes every day applying various cosmetics to "improve their appearance"
- will have a surgeon CUT THEIR FACE to "improve their appearance"
- will spend countless $$ and hours at a spa/salon to "improve their appearance"
- will spend even more $$ on some of the most uncomfortable (and most hideous) shoes I've ever seen to "improve their appearance"
- and...will swallow semen if they think it improves their chances of getting a ring

...but will still complain about "having to wear" a single $5 - $10 garment for a matter of hours, even if that one garment does more for their appearance than most of the things listed above.

Oh well, I suppose us guys will continue to brave the 90+ degree summer heat in our ties and jackets while those who are less able to deal with the reality of business dress continue to prance into physician offices wearing stuff that is more appropriate for soccer practice and grocery shopping.
 




I'll admit up front, I think hosiery looks better. In my opinion, only about 10% can actually pull off the no-hose look when hosiery is otherwise appropriate (work, church, etc.). The other 90% are simply giving us an unwanted peek at scars, shaving cuts, pale ashy skin, or hair follicles that are obvious enough to play connect the dots.

What I find most humorous about the anti-hose ladies is that the women who complain about the heat, the squeeze or some other way in which hosiery is uncomfortable, are the same women who will:

- have their chest cut open to insert a foreign object inserted to "improve their appearance"
- have a toxin injected into their lips to "improve their appearance"
- have their stomachs cut open and fat suctioned to "improve their appearance"
- wear a bra that pinches their chest to "improve their appearance"
- will spend 30-45 minutes every day applying various cosmetics to "improve their appearance"
- will have a surgeon CUT THEIR FACE to "improve their appearance"
- will spend countless $$ and hours at a spa/salon to "improve their appearance"
- will spend even more $$ on some of the most uncomfortable (and most hideous) shoes I've ever seen to "improve their appearance"
- and...will swallow semen if they think it improves their chances of getting a ring

...but will still complain about "having to wear" a single $5 - $10 garment for a matter of hours, even if that one garment does more for their appearance than most of the things listed above.

Oh well, I suppose us guys will continue to brave the 90+ degree summer heat in our ties and jackets while those who are less able to deal with the reality of business dress continue to prance into physician offices wearing stuff that is more appropriate for soccer practice and grocery shopping.


Dear get over it, you're in the minority. Also for your edification, I (along with my female peers) do not suscribe to any of the criterias above. We're not guys, we're gals that happen to let go of the victorian panty hoses. Viva la freedom!!!!!!!!!
 












I say we let the men wear the panythose and see how sexy they are after a few hours.

Female reps should be the last to complain about attire these days. At least half of the women in this industry have dumbed down the standards of "business attire" to a point where, if the name tag is removed, you wouldn't even guess they were "at work". Seriously, look up the "business" dress code for just about any respectable job and then try to find at least two female reps in any given day who actually fit that description. You'll most likely find that casual Friday guidelines more accurately describe what you see every day of the week.

When it comes to guys, you might see one or two in a week who are not wearing a tie, and full suits will be just as common as not (sans maybe the hottest summer months).
 




Bottom line is that at least you don't pretend your Sarah Jessica Parker and that bare legs are sexy showing off those blemishes, bruises, and shave cuts.

For women to look professional there legs should have some type of silk on them pantyhose, thigh highs, something! I agree with the op that pantyhose are now back in style...thank goodness! ..no more skanky look! I'm 26 years old so if that makes me a granny I'll take it and look like a woman rather than a bare legged hooker...

Shave cuts?? You must be from California or someplace nutty like that. Nobody shave their legs anymore. I suppose you also have a Brazilian too... slut.
 




Female reps should be the last to complain about attire these days. At least half of the women in this industry have dumbed down the standards of "business attire" to a point where, if the name tag is removed, you wouldn't even guess they were "at work". Seriously, look up the "business" dress code for just about any respectable job and then try to find at least two female reps in any given day who actually fit that description. You'll most likely find that casual Friday guidelines more accurately describe what you see every day of the week.

When it comes to guys, you might see one or two in a week who are not wearing a tie, and full suits will be just as common as not (sans maybe the hottest summer months).

Absolutely true. As for shave cuts, I still shave my legs but they don't get cuts...I use a Mach 3. What other way is there to keep from getting hairy legs?