Need honest advice please

anonymous

First of all I will be general so I don’t readily identify myself. Exception will be my starting role because there are so many of those.

1. I worked for AZ up until 2012. I was a rep. Think Nexium, Crestor, Symbicort etc. Unfortunately I was placed on a PIP due to numbers but quit before they fired me.
2. Fast forward to 2023 I’m with a different company and have been a DM, HQ marketer, and interim RD.
3. There is a role at AZ that would be substantial for me financially. I’m thinking of applying and again I won’t state which role it is so I don’t identify myself.

question is since I’m applying to a company I used to work for in AZ. Will my PIP come up? I’m sure it will even though it was 11 years ago and question is does that make me unhireable?
Thanks so much for your advice.

<

First of all I will be general so I don’t readily identify myself. Exception will be my starting role because there are so many of those.

1. I worked for AZ up until 2012. I was a rep. Think Nexium, Crestor, Symbicort etc. Unfortunately I was placed on a PIP due to numbers but quit before they fired me.
2. Fast forward to 2023 I’m with a different company and have been a DM, HQ marketer, and interim RD.
3. There is a role at AZ that would be substantial for me financially. I’m thinking of applying and again I won’t state which role it is so I don’t identify myself.

question is since I’m applying to a company I used to work for in AZ. Will my PIP come up? I’m sure it will even though it was 11 years ago and question is does that make me unhireable?

Congrats for your courage and I too was at AZ during that exact same time frame. Unfortunately, AZ is still one of the Big Pharma companies that allows has-been reps and managers to hang around, while continually sucking off the company tit for way past their prime. Just look at the tenure of some of these folks that were there when you were there. LinkedIn will tell a true story, so start there. My point is this, if you still have any of these old "Hanger-On'ers" there that were aware of your displacement, it might not be worth your time and energy. If you are dealing with someone or within a particular business unit that is fairly new to AZ over the last 3-5 years, you should be fine. Good luck!

2012? I doubt it. Even if it did and with your recent successes, it is a very easy spin.

I doubt it. Plus when you apply..if they see something in any application....they don't like they won't call you. So, you will never why they didn't call you.
I retired from AZ in 2013. It was great to me. I loved working for them. Plus it paid well.

If you want it, go for it.. stay sold on you and what you bring to the table today(who cares 10 years ago).. Don't let anyone on here tell you no. If you really want it, start networking around to figure out who the hiring manager and influencers are and close it down. You can do it.

Just go for it. AZ was always good to me and paid me well. Check out our AZ'ers reunion vlog on here. We get together a few times a year to recount old stories and laughs and occasionally meet up at concerts or other social engagements. Just check the area you live and come join if you're close by. There are a bunch of us meeting in Dallas in September for a Doobie Brothers/Steely Dan concert.

If you want it, go for it.. stay sold on you and what you bring to the table today(who cares 10 years ago).. Don't let anyone on here tell you no. If you really want it, start networking around to figure out who the hiring manager and influencers are and close it down. You can do it.

I agree with this person. Who cares about ten years ago. You've obviously been successful at your new roles. As it relates to HR, you didn't give them a chance to fire you. I doubt a PIP will show on your record. If it does, just be prepared to walk them through it. Good luck!