• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

Lay-off looms large

anonymous

GSK is laying of half its vaccines and PC divisions
Sanofi dumped diabetes
Allergen lay-off in PC
You can bet ur ass AZ will be following soon.
The job is a joke to begin with.

<

Could definitely see CV and some ONC divisions as they reside greatly in hospital and infusion centers. With Farxiga’s new mojo and the pending launch of Breztri, may see a small reduction but not even 30%.

Sanofi dumped diabetes
Allergen lay-off in PC

And...I bet you’re Jackin It with excitement...get a life loser. It’s so awesome to gloat about people losing their jobs.

And...I bet you’re Jackin It with excitement...get a life loser. It’s so awesome to gloat about people losing their jobs.

problem is you have to actually work to really have a job. You are not really working. You drive around talking on your phone, delivering lunch to a bunch of hogs and convincing yourself that you are working. You do not do anything!
I know some of you really believe you r teaching HCP new therapies and when u regurgitate some idiotic marketing message for farxiga that you are changing lives. Well u are delusional. Providers know that u were actually to ignorant to become a doctor so now u pretend and deliver Panera. U are all useless babbling fools who will soon find yourself waiting for an unemployment check. That was great, finished.

Here is a question for all of us...If this was your company you owned it personally. Would you pay the average rep 100K plus bonus and benefits for what they do? Let's say they "report" 35 sales calls in a week. How many are totally fake? How many were less than ten seconds? How many were just signatures? Finally how many motivated a doctor to use our product? I know for me at least half my calls per week I've never caught sight of the doctor. At least half of the remainders are signatures. Perhaps two or three calls a week are real. It's not that I'm lazy and not working. I'm really trying to do my job properly. Over the years so many offices stopped seeing reps. So many doctors just sign and walk away. The major health care plan that owns so many doc practices recently did away with rep lunches. My DM knows the score she looks the other way. When I work with her I take her to the same docs time after time she says nothing about it and leaves early for a "teleconference." It's all lies. This job is doomed anyone that doesn't see it has their head in the sand. I'm over 50 and hope I can retire. Now with this damn virus who knows what will happen...but it won't be good for the rep that's for sure.

Sanofi dumped diabetes
Allergen lay-off in PC

Sanofi was getting out of diabetes and it’s going contract. I don’t know what you are talking about with GSK...friends who work there...no layoffs there like you posted.

problem is you have to actually work to really have a job. You are not really working. You drive around talking on your phone, delivering lunch to a bunch of hogs and convincing yourself that you are working. You do not do anything!
I know some of you really believe you r teaching HCP new therapies and when u regurgitate some idiotic marketing message for farxiga that you are changing lives. Well u are delusional. Providers know that u were actually to ignorant to become a doctor so now u pretend and deliver Panera. U are all useless babbling fools who will soon find yourself waiting for an unemployment check. That was great, finished.

And truly ignorant fuckers like you don’t know the difference between to and too.

Fact is managed care dictates a lot of what we can do but I can say with 100% certainty that if not for me doing my “job” that Bevespi would never have been prescribed. Not one single prescription. I earned every single one by doing my “job”. Also my Symbicort wouldn’t be well over 50% without doing my job. Once a day Breo would eat our lunch. I agree that some suck at their jobs and it sounds like sales might not be the right job for you. If doctors don’t respect you it’s because you haven’t earned it.

Here is a question for all of us...If this was your company you owned it personally. Would you pay the average rep 100K plus bonus and benefits for what they do? Let's say they "report" 35 sales calls in a week. How many are totally fake? How many were less than ten seconds? How many were just signatures? Finally how many motivated a doctor to use our product? I know for me at least half my calls per week I've never caught sight of the doctor. At least half of the remainders are signatures. Perhaps two or three calls a week are real. It's not that I'm lazy and not working. I'm really trying to do my job properly. Over the years so many offices stopped seeing reps. So many doctors just sign and walk away. The major health care plan that owns so many doc practices recently did away with rep lunches. My DM knows the score she looks the other way. When I work with her I take her to the same docs time after time she says nothing about it and leaves early for a "teleconference." It's all lies. This job is doomed anyone that doesn't see it has their head in the sand. I'm over 50 and hope I can retire. Now with this damn virus who knows what will happen...but it won't be good for the rep that's for sure.

This is pretty accurate
I agree that over 50% weekly calls I have not seen the provider at all. Numerous signatures through a window and 2-3 calls per week. Can usually get someone to talk over a lunch for a few minutes. The same is true for every other rep with every company in my geographic area and the same appears true for friends in other area across the country.
There are occasions where multiple options in the same class exist for a provider to choose a med for a patient and because I was there my product was utilized. As stated, is that worth 150K annually to the company? I don’t have the answer but I doubt it.
When I look around, we probably have the largest number of reps for any of the companies left and are probably due for a big restructuring soon. Don’t put your head in the sand folks.

If you were a Dr in a busy practice, trying to see patients and do right by them, would you see us reps? Spewing the same marketing message week after week? It’s a bad business model. Drs don’t need to be reminded of our product every week. And then also by our counter.

If you were a Dr in a busy practice, trying to see patients and do right by them, would you see us reps? Spewing the same marketing message week after week? It’s a bad business model. Drs don’t need to be reminded of our product every week. And then also by our counter.
Absolutely correct! The same holds true for most if not all pharma companies!!!

Fact is managed care dictates a lot of what we can do but I can say with 100% certainty that if not for me doing my “job” that Bevespi would never have been prescribed. Not one single prescription. I earned every single one by doing my “job”. Also my Symbicort wouldn’t be well over 50% without doing my job. Once a day Breo would eat our lunch. I agree that some suck at their jobs and it sounds like sales might not be the right job for you. If doctors don’t respect you it’s because you haven’t earned it.

Where is your territory?

you are right, but when your “counter” and you don’t and the your volume/ MS erodes. You make excuses but your boss is frustrated by you and is planning your exit, you can worry then about how important your customer perception of you is.

Without revealing yourself, in general where is your territory and how long have you been calling on your docs in this territory?