January 1 2024 Mandate

It is a move to force employees out so they don't have to do more layoffs and provide severance. They are hoping a number of voluntarily departures that would otherwise require it be reported according to state mandates. Most BUs have thus far managed to keep under the required notice mandates for mass layoffs. Layoffs = bad press. More bad press should I say.
Has anyone voluntarily departed yet? Anybody know anyone who has?

Based on the first four days of the new year the mandate has failed. The VPs are suppose to oversee attendance and they do not want to come to the office either.

they're comparing notes too, and my dvp is apparently far more generous in granting wfh than his peers, so I fear even the one day a week thing is going to be gone in a year.

At a time when companies are letting more people work from home, they're forcing their employees back into the office, some of who have had WFH schedules for years? They might as well leave cards saying "WE DON'T TRUST YOU" on everybody's desks come January 2nd.

I called into one of those insipid "top of mind" meetings with JM late last year, and he could not hide his contempt for WFH and he told those of us on the phone to not get too comfortable with it (after 3 goddamn years).

Good to know that in spite of the babyfood lawsuits and three-initialed government agencies looking over their shoulders and breathing down their necks, the executives can still manage to identify and remedy the company’s greatest problem: people working from home in their jammies. What a joke.

Morale is at an all time low, employees are burnt out, departments have been hit four times with layoffs in the past year letting go of longtime employees, everyone is tired here. life to the fullest

Old Bobby is a real genius. Threatens everyone to return to the office which frightens sick people into coming to work. Now everyone is sick, thanks chief. But hey we got our 5 sick days from The Governor so good times.

People aren’t coming in. Making every excuse not to. Some departments seem to be just working from home still. Also layoffs for the fully remote ppl are going to happen in 6 months to a year.

Old Bobby is a real genius. Threatens everyone to return to the office which frightens sick people into coming to work. Now everyone is sick, thanks chief. But hey we got our 5 sick days from The Governor so good times.

This place has been a sinking ship since the government Covid testing dollars disappeared.

Good to know that in spite of the babyfood lawsuits and three-initialed government agencies looking over their shoulders and breathing down their necks, the executives can still manage to identify and remedy the company’s greatest problem: people working from home in their jammies. What a joke.
If he goes down for the baby food crimes, how ironic would it be if the CEO who forced everyone out of their homes to go to work wound up getting house arrest?